Nip and Tuck

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
im guessing you are talking FE? if so the ones on fleebay look the goods, i think that was the one kazza has on her bike. or you can buy a nice set of pipes and a FE then it will look sweet

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking maybe smaller indicators -- or at least clear. But not sure if you'd have to swap the whole blinker assembly vs. just the lenses.

I have not found lenses that fit OEM.

In NH, you won't pass inspection if you just get the integrated tail light and ditch the indicators.

Dennis

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
im guessing you are talking FE? if so the ones on fleebay look the goods, i think that was the one kazza has on her bike. or you can buy a nice set of pipes and a FE then it will look sweet

yeah the pipes are coming..

most likely them mivv suono's.

hopefully. the FE and Mivvs will work together (I dont see why not, but I know crap all about stuff liek this)

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
The best way to get the signals to match while still looking good is to get 4 new signals. The stock signals are uuugly!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
The best way to get the signals to match while still looking good is to get 4 new signals. The stock signals are uuugly!

I dunno I think they are pretty good all things considered.
Its pretty rare that I see any aftermarket indicators that are much of an improvement (on a bike) and I commonly see the boy racers with the tiny little ones that are practically invisible and provide no real indication at all.
Have seen some reasonably nasty close calls actually for that very reason.

Not sure about the FE issue in NSW, there are so many rediculous laws and restraints going on. I mean police take people to court for stock exhausts being too loud or being 'aftermarket'.
Probably depends on how pissed off the officer is and how little of the entire justice concept got through his/her thick skull in police training (which ironically is a 6 month course LOL).

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, get an FE...are they legal in NSW, or are they illegal, like in SA!!!

:thumbup:

ADR's dude. A is for Australian. I'm pretty sure that shizz is OZ wide.

I actually like the stock indicators also. I find the clear glassed indicators hard to see in certain lighting conditions (my car came out stock with them and they suck) and much prefer the orange. In a lot of cases they flash too fast, so a couple bits get soldered in, and then at the lights, they tend to stop functioning all together 'cause of the low revs. Some you can't see well from the side.

I reckon keep the stockies.:thumbup:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure most FE's are illegal in NSW. I've seen pics of the angles required from ground, from back of tyre, etc. Can't find it now, but I'm sure most wouldn't comply. I doubt most meople really care and cops surely wouldn't pull you over just for that. They may well get you amongst other things though.

Having said that, I am very happy with the look of my Two Brothers Pipes/FE/Indicators.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
ADR's dude. A is for Australian. I'm pretty sure that shizz is OZ wide.

I actually like the stock indicators also. I find the clear glassed indicators hard to see in certain lighting conditions (my car came out stock with them and they suck) and much prefer the orange. In a lot of cases they flash too fast, so a couple bits get soldered in, and then at the lights, they tend to stop functioning all together 'cause of the low revs. Some you can't see well from the side.

I reckon keep the stockies.:thumbup:

I've been noticing that alot of the fancier new indicators on cars are terrible too!
Sure if you are facing directly at them they are bright and visible, but from any angle whatso-ever the actual light is so recessed into the car that you literally can't see anything.
The orange ones at least you can easily differentiate between them on and off as generally the whole thing lights up, even from angles.
The new lights on cars though really annoy me too, if it just me but every time a new car goes over a speed bump your basically flashed by high beams??? I do have sensitive eyes because apparently contact lenses gather light alot more greatly than glasses or normal vision at night, but sometimes on the bumpy roads I just feel like everyones flashing me constantly!
Or it can be like last night when I took the missus for a maccas run after work and had somehow only managed to put my parkers on and they really were flashing me!!!! :spank::spank::ban:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been noticing that alot of the fancier new indicators on cars are terrible too!
Sure if you are facing directly at them they are bright and visible, but from any angle whatso-ever the actual light is so recessed into the car that you literally can't see anything.
The orange ones at least you can easily differentiate between them on and off as generally the whole thing lights up, even from angles.
The new lights on cars though really annoy me too, if it just me but every time a new car goes over a speed bump your basically flashed by high beams??? I do have sensitive eyes because apparently contact lenses gather light alot more greatly than glasses or normal vision at night, but sometimes on the bumpy roads I just feel like everyones flashing me constantly!
Or it can be like last night when I took the missus for a maccas run after work and had somehow only managed to put my parkers on and they really were flashing me!!!! :spank::spank::ban:

For the bright lights flashing in your eyes, I can definitely recommend amber lenses. Left Jamie's after dark tonight and stuck mine on and pulled off the tinted visor and remembered almost instantly why I like them so much.:thumbup:

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
ohhhh racey!!!

FE.jpg

P.s.
Dear "BikeBiz" (Forum member)
Do not press stud "bikebiz" number plate "thingy's" to number plate.

are a pain in the arse to remove..
some simple screws and bolts will do.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm probably just going to start with chopping the stock a little. Will ensure that the plate is the lowest thing on the tail (not the fender), and use a rego tube too.

bazza

I'll sleep when I die!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure most FE's are illegal in NSW. I've seen pics of the angles required from ground, from back of tyre, etc. Can't find it now, but I'm sure most wouldn't comply. I doubt most meople really care and cops surely wouldn't pull you over just for that. They may well get you amongst other things though.

Having said that, I am very happy with the look of my Two Brothers Pipes/FE/Indicators.

Yeah they are illegal in NSW, but the police tolerate it. not like the fuzz in SA, they are A$$#@LeS:Flash:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have had no internet for 6 months & only just seen this one.

Benj, I put an R&G tidy on mine. Its made to take the OEM FZ indicators no dramas :thumbup:

Annoyingly had to do a little drilling to get the numberplate on.