Next bike? What it would be?

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, how is your Speed T? how is the stock suspension and handling?
I read its much lighter than our FZ6, do you like it better?
I'm wondering about Street Triple, not Speed.
I read lots of good reviews on the street, even in triumph forums.
What do you say?
I have a couple of deals in my area now, If they are ABS, I might show more interest in switching soon.

The Speed is heavier than the FZ6, I've had mine weighed and its 204kg with half a tank of fuel.
Power wise, it's much quicker. Instant grunt , it's awesome! :D
The suspension is firmer than the fz6 but that's expected.
My 2011 has ABS and all newer ones do too.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My "next bike", purchased two years ago, was my '09 BMW R1200 GS. It solved the issue of all-day rideability, which my tiny FZ could not do (I'm too large/old).

My "next" bike, don't know the brand or model; but it WILL be electric. Range be damned, I want a pollution-less commuter (and there are some GREAT breakthroughs happening right now in safety, charge capacity, and mostly recharge speed of batteries, these are some GREAT times! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am now seriously looking at the 2016 BMW R1200RS.

093014-2015-bmw-r1200rs-P90163599_highRes.jpg

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I am now seriously looking at the 2016 BMW R1200RS.

093014-2015-bmw-r1200rs-P90163599_highRes.jpg
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the BMW. Shaft drive, electronic gizmos to make winter easier, more power, more torque, good range. Hopefully, come 2017/2018 the 15/16 bikes will be available with reasonable milage, approved second hand from the dealers once the PCP finance deals start running out. Just need to choose between the "R" and the "RS" models.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
The Street Triple and the FZ6 have similar max HP ratings, but the Triumph has a flatter torque curve and about 50 fewer pounds to propel forward so it feels much more potent than the Fizzer.

That's a little generous, there's really only about 25 lbs between the two. It would be unfair to compare the faired FZ6 to the STR when there is a naked FZ6 option that directly compares to the STR.

But, I'v spent a bit of time on the STR and it does feel a tiny bit like the FZ6. It's a similar riding position and handling dynamic. However, the STR feels so much faster as it actually moves under 7,000 RPM. It's also far more planted in the corners.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Next bike would be a 1982 Yamaha Seca 650....you said "next" bike, not "next new" bike :thumbup:

Now if I can just find one of these.....

Sure, I didn't mean new bike either, as I have craigslist on my mind, than a showroom/dealer ;)
And on the other hand, as technology is developing, I'm looking for more safety like ABS or some electronics, etc., other than an analog tach/RPM meter, I like digital display for the rest of the features (like our FZ6).

I don't expect all electronics like this:
Further Thoughts on Yamaha

But few features that required on the streets would be great.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
My next bike will be an MV Agusta 800 Dragster

Envoyé de mon GT-N5110 en utilisant Tapatalk
Oh! My trousers get tight at the mention of MV Augusta. If I weren't in need of high mileage specifics, or could even justify two bikes, I'd be allover a Brutalle 800 like a tramp on chips. Beautiful. Absolutely the most beautiful bike on the market today.

0a7666c0b24129a8408be586fc8241b8.jpg

Last edited:

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I almost completely agree with you on the MV Agusta. For looks, I don't think you can beat a slightly cafe'd out BMW R Nine T:

8553-thumb.jpg

I wish more manufacturers would put out a modern cafe bike.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, the only thing that puts me off the 9T is that the R1200R has more gizmos for winter riding, a slightly larger tank (I think), a lower price tag and a bigger pillion seat.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
True, if you're going to ride in the winter, I don't think I'd go for a naked bike. The R Nine T has ABS and available heated grips, but no traction control or throttle profiles that would make it safer in inclement weather. I think the prices are about the same, actually, and the tank is 4.8 gallons which is pretty respectable.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer nakeds in winter. Easier to clean, easier to protect electrics with anti corrosion treatments, less to fix if you drop it.