ram678

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I work in Kosovo and was back in the UK on holiday at the time of the volcanic ash flight disruption. Flight cancelled and I needed to get back, so I went to my local bike dealer and purchased a 07 Fazer S2. This was the best priced and most practical option available A trip of 1650 miles in 2 days was a good way to get aquainted with the bike:rockon: I have a BMW R1200GS here in Kosovo that is my normal mount but I was pleasantly surprised how capable the little Yamaha was and comfortable too. Autobahn riding is not very thrilling, especially as I was keeping around 90 mph due to having Givi Monokey top box and panniers fitted - good bits of kit and can carry a fair amount of luggage, I also had a 65 liter roll bag strapped on the rear seat. Fazer took it all in its stride, ride, fill up, ride, fill up:D. I was fortunate with the weather and the only problem encountered was a gearbox that didn't want to go into the lower (2nd and first) gears when changing down. I checked the gear linkages and found them to be bone dry and a drop of oil seems to have cured this. I joined this Forum to see if there are other reports of this problem - there are some. Sadly I cannot keep two bikes so the Fazer will have to go. Great little bike but I do know that Yamaha make good bikes, I have previously owned a 900 TDM and a 2004 underseat pipe R1, both of which gave great pleasure. So it is 'hello and goodbye' until the next Yamaha:thumbup:

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I work in Kosovo and was back in the UK on holiday at the time of the volcanic ash flight disruption. Flight cancelled and I needed to get back, so I went to my local bike dealer and purchased a 07 Fazer S2.

Cool. I guess you could say "every (ash) cloud has a silver lining".