Newbie - new FZ6

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

I've got home this evening after visiting my local Yamaha dealer. I've got a Suzuki GSXR750 at the moment, after a long line of GSXR's.. This is my third!

A change in use has seen me getting very little out of it, it doesn't feel that good until it's going like the clappers! So, I thought it time for a change.

I've part exchanged a 2003 GSXR with 15k on the clock and bought a 12 month old, with new rear tyre and 2800 miles on the clock for a few hundred quid. Lifetime warranty if it's serviced by a dealer in the same group.

Bargain I say, let the madness commence. It's everything I need, I couldn't beleive it when I was enjoying it, then thought I'd see if it gets to the redline :Flash::Flash: Very happy!

Just needs to sound a little more butch.. Think an exhaust might help!

It's the orange one from 2007, *edit, link now gone - pics will follow.

So - hi, I'll be posting more soon! New to this site, new to FZ's, but not new to forums :D

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the bike, i didn't know that they came in orange? but it looks good!

welcome to the board and enjoy the bike, it should be a good one :thumbup:

H

HavBlue

I'm seeing predicted winds of 33mph in your area today. Just watch for the lateral gusts. Head or tail won't be bad but them lateral gusts can make things interesting. Have fun.....

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
All these new FZ's! makes my '08 feel old! welcome to the forums. I like the orange ones also. would love to see one faired! (if thats a word)

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
Got it! Journey home was rubbish. Cold, wet, windy, but still loved the FZ!

I was really worried with the part exchange. I managed to drop it off it's side stand yesterday morning and scratch the tail fairing a bit.. Was at the dealership doing some :Lurking: but they didn't check it! I thought the cost for them to repair would be a damn sight less than they've made on the bike.

I can no also confirm that the part ex was a bit of a dog. Had it for 3 months and never has a bike cost so much to keep on the road! It also needs a chain and sprockets soon, front discs soon, a few scratches repairing, and there is a hideous rattle from the engine that my mechanic couldn't find..

Still - bring on the new exhaust for the FZ and we can roll :Sport:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like you have either beat the bike if it needs all that stuff already, or there is something wrong. Chain and sprockets, disks, and a rattling engine already?

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like you have either beat the bike if it needs all that stuff already, or there is something wrong. Chain and sprockets, disks, and a rattling engine already?

That was the old bike buddy - I bought it at auction as a non-stareter. The part ex price I got is about what I ended up spending, so not too dissapointed.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was the old bike buddy - I bought it at auction as a non-stareter. The part ex price I got is about what I ended up spending, so not too dissapointed.

ahhhhh... ok, sorry, i must have misread that. Glad the new bike is working out for you!