newbee looking for "mods"

tenracing

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess where I am going is, I have a mostly complete fz6 . I am looking and searching for everyones MODS. I would like some opinion on dues and donts!
Heres what ive got in my head, over winter I will be converting to a naked fz6.
Thats about as far as I got.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess where I am going is, I have a mostly complete fz6 . I am looking and searching for everyones MODS. I would like some opinion on dues and donts!
Heres what ive got in my head, over winter I will be converting to a naked fz6.
Thats about as far as I got.

Get the parts you're missing except the fairing bits:BLAA:
personal preference really on a lot of stuff. Do you have an exhaust, and if so what is it? get some frame sliders if you dont already have some. for naked, either get FZ1 or FZ6R bars (better wrist angle and the 6R bars sit a little higher) figure out which headlight you like the look of, do you want a new seat (couple of choices there) you can swap sprockets, airbox mod, etc.

figure out what you like and give us a little more info, im sure there is more than enough info around to help you:thumbup:

rodman

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you looking for speed? From my personal experience an exhaust and CO mod took 3 tenths off my 1/8 mile time and i definitely felt a difference. -1 on the front sprocket was cool too. Makes wheelies a lot easier. the front sprocket only took 0.15 secs off the 1/8th but makes driving around a lot of fun.. With the above mods my mileage dropped to a consistent 38 mpg from 46-48(keep in mind i drive really hard) you might get better mileage than that.

tenracing

Reaction score
Visit site
just like everyone else, i want my bike to look sweet ! frame slliders is a must! I am looking to buy some or maybe make some out at work on the cnc.
No exhaust yet, not in are budget. I was thinking about drilling my stock baffle out to get sound. Do or dont ?

for the naked look , what Ive seen and like is a duel head light assembly, probably off a buell. handle bars i have a set of renthal 7/8th straight moto bars.

I am not to consernd about speed but speed is good. I am more of touring rider I like the long trips. I enjoy the iron butt rides.

Most of the bike i look at on here, WoW i tell ya. They make my bike look like a girl. lol

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
allmy mods are pretty small in comparison to what others have done.
my bike is still pretty stock but all mods are below
brake lines, frame sliders, bar ends and the stebel horn are small favs but the new seat is good and the swing arm stickers and FE and then there is the radiator guard oh and the gear indicator, but I almost forgot the.......
I started in Feb 2011 with rim tape and tank protector, careful this is a very addictive pastime, but it does give you a grouse feeling

Last edited:

tenracing

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, woke up this morning on my day off and got the thumbs up to buy aftermarket parts for my fzbaby. This is so far in the cart on, progrip red reflective rim decals, bike master red bar ends. (saving most of my money for naked swap this winter since i get snow here)
now frame sliders. since i live in the country my internet service is stupid and i cant find frame sliders in my dennis kirk mag for 08 fz6. what did you guys get ? and is it possible to find them red ?
also looking at a piaa horn. ? maybe for the crazy people on there cell phones.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
a lot of guys have the motovation frame sliders. im sure that they, or some others have red tips anyway. i dont think anybody offers the nylon in red, but you have the black frame and engine so black wont look bad.

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Mods on FZ6 there isn't much 'bolt on' customization, a lot of it is finding 'compatible' parts and 'back yard fabrication'. However...

Cosmetic:
Naked conversion (vs-1 or vs-2 headlight kit) (sold by a forum member)
Cut down tire huggers
Carbon fiber trim/pieces (3M sells a CF adhesive, very nice, search for thread its there)
PUIG raised windscreen (convenience and cosmetic)
Belly pan
Rear seat cowl
Painted engine (also a thread on this)
Painted frame (another thread on this)
Painted forks (another thread on this)
Dual Headlight Mod (kind of performance) (also a thread on this by BD43)
HID Projector kit(s) (multiple threads on this)
LED Brakelights
LED turn signals
Body/under glow LED's
Footpegs

Performance:
New Exhaust (many threads on this)
Drilled out stock exhaust (a few threads on this)
Power Commander III (there's another brand, I forget what--also multiple threads about it)
Gear indicator
Sprocket size changing (affects fuel economy, speed, acceleration, etc--should be threads about it)
Chain type
Radiator fans/guards

There's lots you can do, it all comes down to what you want. Are you wanting it to look better, or perform better? Or do you have the capital to do both?

Look around on forums, I came into these forums thinking I couldn't do anything to the bike. Now I can't figure out what to do first. Lol

:)
Mud

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
My favorite mods. In no particular order

1. Leo Vince exhaust
2. Dual headlight mod / HID headlights
3. Stebel nautilus horn
4. 15T front sprocket
5. Top Sellerie seat
6. Fz1 bars

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Tenracing -

I helped SD WIllie on this forum do the naked conversion 2 winters ago so I have a little experience doing it. You can hit him up for details on the kit he bought and if you need advice on installing it I can help you out.