New Zealand Earthquake

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
just read an article on a large earthquake hitting Christchurch New Zealand. Just hoping no forum members/family were involved. You guys have been hit hard out there lately.
Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

FoxNews.com - Earthquake in New Zealand Kills at Least 65, Traps More

not sure why I put this in the Australia Forum. I guess I just figured that it's in that slice of the world. Mod if you want to move it feel free.

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this on the news earlier. Horrible!:(

Hoping it doesn't have too much of a creeping toll, but it doesn't look too good.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My thoughts go out to all the Kiwi's in their time of need..

Us Aussie's have a special relationship with the NZers , a very friendly rivalry that goes all the way back to the beaches of Gallipoli in WWI but in times of crisis we stand tall together... And this will be no different , an RAAF C-130 left Sydney yesterday afternoon with rescue workers & supplies , another one is leaving this morning & a C-17 has departed RAAF Amberley earlier heading in that direction early hours of this morning so we are on our way to help :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks to the OP for putting this up. My best mate and Godfather to one of my children, is a Doctor in the Christchurch hospital ICU.

I am at my wits end. His mobile has gone unlisted and I have n ot been able to get hold of him via e-mail or skype. I live in Ireland and the Irish embassy will only provide details of Irish citizens. I have tried contacting the Brit embassy but have no joy.

His name is Nick, if anyone has a better way of getting info please let me know.

Many thanks in advance,

Nelly.

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks to the OP for putting this up. My best mate and Godfather to one of my children, is a Doctor in the Christchurch hospital ICU.

I am at my wits end. His mobile has gone unlisted and I have n ot been able to get hold of him via e-mail or skype. I live in Ireland and the Irish embassy will only provide details of Irish citizens. I have tried contacting the Brit embassy but have no joy.

His name is Nick, if anyone has a better way of getting info please let me know.

Many thanks in advance,

Nelly.

I just put his name into this.... Christchurch Earthquake

With no results. I'm assuming that if there is some sort of match it is likely to be bad news, so try to stay hopeful mate.

If I can find or think of anything else I'll post up or shoot you a PM:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@ Nelly. Also sounds like if he was at work (not a bad chance given the time of day of the event) then he would likely be OK....Just found this.....

LATEST NEWS:

Hospitals and Medical Centres
Medical resources are being deployed and activated to manage the number of injured.

Christchurch hospital is operational (contrary to some media reports) and one ward has been evacuated. Only attend A and E (accident and emergency) at the hospital if absolutely essential. For other injuries, contact your nearest after hours medical centre.

At this site.....

New Zealand Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management: - Homepage

Hope this helps mate. There might even be a number in amongst that lot that you could ring to get more info....or another number to try.

Hope you get some good news soon.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aha! Same page ^ Just found this...They may be able to help...if you do ring, might want to go Skype.:thumbup:

If you are unable to contact a friend or relative in the Christchurch area, call the Red Cross Person Enquiry Line. Red Cross will be able to tell you if they have registered with Civil Defence. People are encouraged to do this before reporting friends and relatives missing.

People enquiring from outside New Zealand should call +64 7 850 2199

You can also email the Red Cross on [email protected]

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
INTENSIVE CARE
How to Contact Us
Postal Address
Department of Intensive Care
Christchurch Hospital
Private Bag 4710
Christchurch
NEW ZEALAND

Christchurch Hospital Telephone: 64 (03) 364 0640
Intensive Care Fax: 64 (03) 364 0948

Contacts
Clinical Director Dr George Downward
Nurse Manager Nikki Ford
Charge Technician Jane Carter-Scofield
Support Staff Kiri Bishop-Smith

Or go straight to the scource, and give theICU a call.:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help,

I will explore the links. Unfortunately I only have Nicks mobile. I never got his wifes.
I haven't called the hospital because I reckon the switch board will be in melt down.
Anyway as usual the forum is brilliant for getting in there and helping.
Ozzieboy God knows what hours you are keping mate? Cheers.

Nelly

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help,

I will explore the links. Unfortunately I only have Nicks mobile. I never got his wifes.
I haven't called the hospital because I reckon the switch board will be in melt down.

Nelly

All good. I got at least 3 hours sleep last night, and have to be up and outta here in about 5 hours or so for the 530km ride across the Halls Gap.

Could be worse I suppose. I could be at work right now entertaining the unwashed masses, before setting off for the 1000km trip to P.I....lol.:BLAA:

(Sorry Jamie:D)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All good. I got at least 3 hours sleep last night, and have to be up and outta here in about 5 hours or so for the 530km ride across the Halls Gap.

Could be worse I suppose. I could be at work right now entertaining the unwashed masses, before setting off for the 1000km trip to P.I....lol.:BLAA:

(Sorry Jamie:D)
Good luck and ride safe.

Nelly

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help,

Nelly

Keep us informed on what you find out. Hoping for the best.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am delighted to report that my friend is alive and well. Fortunately, he was not at work on the day and was not caught up in the tragedy.
Thanks to everyone that posted, especially Mikey.

Nelly
PS I have edited the posts that had his address in, Cheers.:thumbup: