New to the forum. Hope to bring you some parts.

notaduc

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my 2008 FZ6 about 8 months ago, and have put almost 9000 miles on it so far.

I just quit my day job in R&D at Tesla motors, to start up doing metal fabrication on my own.

I have a couple things I want to make for my FZ6, hopefully I can build and sell them as well. Im waiting to hear from admin before I say too much.

There isnt too much on here yet, and nothing for sale but here is the start of my website.

Last edited by a moderator:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!!! :welcome:

If you want a VERY POPULAR, MOD, ALREADY DESIGNED but not IN PRODUCTION ANYMORE (cad AVAILABLE), look up Killernoodles mod. Looking at your site, you wouldn't have ANY ISSUES re-producing it...(Very nice work)

It's basically a clutch lever mod, more friction zone, less pull pressure. He's busy with a turbo project and stopped production..

Last edited:

notaduc

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!!! :welcome:

If you want a VERY POPULAR, MOD, ALREADY DESIGNED but not IN PRODUCTION ANYMORE (cad AVAILABLE), look up Killernoodles mod.

It's basically a clutch lever mod, more friction zone, less pull pressure. He's busy with a turbo project and stopped production..

I remember reading about this mod when I got my bike, I personally love the clutch engagement on my bike, but Id be up to make something similar. With his blessing of course.

notaduc

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking work. What sort of mods will you be making?

Top of my list will be engine crash bars, Im not fond of any on the market, especially reading that multiple riders have had them some mysteriously crack without any impact. Plus Id like them to double as highway foot rests without being obtrusive.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember reading about this mod when I got my bike, I personally love the clutch engagement on my bike, but Id be up to make something similar. With his blessing of course.

I too like the friction zone and never had an issue with it (been riding 40+ years) however a recent damaged ligament in the left arm makes clutching somewhat more difficult.

I know there was a long waiting line for these.

Plus 1 on some sort of close crash bar-NOT bobbins (very close to the engine and not goofy looking, oil filter accesable too) would be very popular.. :thumbup:

notaduc

Reaction score
Visit site

Looking at his thread, it sounds like he intends to continue production in the future, I will check with him, but he did promise.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say that an affordable exhaust system would be quite popular.

Because of the dual exhaust, it seems like aftermarket cans run near $1000 for a new set. Used sets always sell very quickly in our classifieds section in the $400-500 range.

notaduc

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, cat delete sounds good. I've got a buddy who I'm going to ask to weld mine up for me, but if he is too busy, I'll ship my mid pipe over to you.

I am just about to do mine. Once I do, I will get some photos and a video for sound, plus order tubing to have on hand, Id like to be able to offer 1 day turn around for this, so long as I know I have one en route.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am just about to do mine. Once I do, I will get some photos and a video for sound, plus order tubing to have on hand, Id like to be able to offer 1 day turn around for this, so long as I know I have one en route.

Keep in mind that once you do the CAT delete and especially if you're running an aftermarket exhaust the lower restriction will probably lean the engine out. :)

notaduc

Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind that once you do the CAT delete and especially if you're running an aftermarket exhaust the lower restriction will probably lean the engine out. :)

I have the TBR juicebox, but yes, folks would want to tune for it, for sure. I had planned to point this out upon officially offering the service. I was hoping to try it out myself and be able to offer good guidance for the TBR JB route.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds awesome. I'd love to see some pictures of the result!