New to forum and just bought a 07

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys, It is great to see a site with so much information and a lot of great people willing to share it. Thanks for the info on the Givi setups, I will be ordering a top/side box set up but with out all of the lights. Not in the budget yet. I was wondering if there is a kit to install a 12v outlet and what is the max amp input to avoid blowing any fuses. I would like to get a GPS setup.

Thanks,

Paulie

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum Paulie!

We're a great bunch (especially from Australia :aus:)

Remember, ride safe, ATGATT, post often and post pics

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Welcome along paulie75

have fun and I'm sure you know, we need to see pictures of your ride . . . :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:paulie!

Yes! Great bunch of creatures here on the forum.

You can tie in your 12 volt outlet to a number of circuits. If you're only going to plug in a GPS/Phone charger or low current device it's and easy shot to the headlamp low beam wire on the inside,left side of the fairing. Where you mount the 12V. receptacle is your option. I believe the wire is Green with a White tracer but it would be a good idea to use a test light or volt meter to insure that you have the correct wire. That circuit will not be active with the ignition off and will only be active when the bike is running or when the bike was running and you hit the kill switch but do not turn off the ignition. I like this tie in because you basically don't walk away from the the bike with something drawing current because you take your key with you. Also it's quick and easy. Make sure you use an inline fuse at your tie in point. A 3 amp fuse is plenty enough.

If you're thinking of something a little beefier to use with a small air compressor it will be a different set-up.

Again Welcome!

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all of the info guys, it is a real help. Thanks for the welcomes as well, it will be fun to get this bike on the road compared to my CB 750. I will get some pics up here as soon as I can figure the site out. Hahaha! Talk to ya guys soon. :thumbup: