New Shoes

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
After finding a piece of metal in my rear tire, I decided that I wasn't going to ride with mis-matched tires (some say its okay, some don't). So I did one at a time and went to CG to get them replaced. I ended up with Michelin Pilot Powers. I previously had some model of Shinkos (sp?) on there.

Wow, what a difference. I've only been riding about a year (2nd bike), but even in the beginner stages of my riding career, I can tell a huge difference. Turn in is much more crisp, the handling is a bazillion times better, and, they just seem to ride better (smoother) than the Shinkos did. The bonus is they weren't terribly expensive either. I believe it was $111 for the front and $143 plus $20/each mounting. Not sure CG was the cheapest place, but it seemed reasonable and I'm sure had to be cheaper than the dealer.

Anyway, if any of you are looking for new rubber, the Pilot Powers seem to be a good choice and fit for our bikes.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If your tires weren't a mathing set, anything brand new and matching is going to be big improvement.
If your old tires were squared off (even just the rear one), once again anything new is going to make the bike feel like it turns amazingly well.

Not to take anything away from Pilot Powers.. they're good and sticky. :thumbup:

Jessman23

Reaction score
Visit site
I just took a trip to the tail of the dragon in NC. I have the same tires on and they are pretty good to me. I was ripping it pretty hard and never even budged. Very good tire choice. The only thing I dont like is they are the nosiest tires I've ever had on a bike but just my opinion.

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
I just took a trip to the tail of the dragon in NC. I have the same tires on and they are pretty good to me. I was ripping it pretty hard and never even budged. Very good tire choice. The only thing I dont like is they are the nosiest tires I've ever had on a bike but just my opinion.

Ear buds fix the noise issue :D

Jessman23

Reaction score
Visit site
Ear buds fix the noise issue :D

I have a uclear helmet communication that i play my music through bluetooth but of course it stopped working on the second day and I didnt care enough to stop and buy a set haha. but uclear sent me a brand new kit and all is well

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site

How was the Dragon? I live in Raleigh NC and want to ride down to the dragon, maybe a long weekend.

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a uclear helmet communication that i play my music through bluetooth but of course it stopped working on the second day and I didnt care enough to stop and buy a set haha. but uclear sent me a brand new kit and all is well

Just bought a Uclear today and am waiting impatiently for the UPS truck. How do you like it?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sold on Michelin tires. My Pilot Power 2CT's I have now are over 5,000 miles, still grip well and at this rate I may get 7,000 out of the set which is pretty good for a sticky tire. :thumbup: