New saddle on the way!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am genuinely excited about this mod!!!

I bit the bullet and visited France virtually. Top Saddlery had thee seats on discount (2 left!) for the FZ6. The remaining two have white stitching but the one I purchased has blue stitching. Smooth black material except for the drivers and pillion seating areas which are a suede/brushed leather look. "FZ6" on the riser in blue then filled with white stitching.

$319 and change (US dollar) shipped. (BTW, even though they claim to take MC, I couldn't get that card to go through and ended up using a VISA instead)

Here is a similar seat shot. I will post actual photos when it arrives and when it is mounted....

View attachment 13802

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks great!!! if you don't like it you can always give it to me :)

JK, congrats it looks like it is very comfortable as well.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I've yet to hear any complaints from those who have ordered these from France. I'm sure it will be top notch!

Of course, this also means I will likely have a Yamaha Comfort (Gel) seat up for sale soon. Bought new and used only last season... please PM me if interested. When I am confident the new seat is the one I want (after a 3 hour ride!!!), I will post current pics and an ad for it, unless we work a deal now.

Now that the weather is warming, I need to go out and get the Racetech springs (FINALLY) installed before the season is in full swing!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, you'll have to a/b the Corbin with that for a true comparrison test, enjoy, we'll await the pictures...and report :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I've yet to hear any complaints from those who have ordered these from France. I'm sure it will be top notch!

Of course, this also means I will likely have a Yamaha Comfort (Gel) seat up for sale soon. Bought new and used only last season... please PM me if interested. When I am confident the new seat is the one I want (after a 3 hour ride!!!), I will post current pics and an ad for it, unless we work a deal now.

Now that the weather is warming, I need to go out and get the Racetech springs (FINALLY) installed before the season is in full swing!

Let me know when you are installing the race tech springs, i would love to learn how so i can do it to mine sooner or later.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice score, FZ6inNH!!! Like everyone else, I've heard nothing but good things about those seats, so you should be pleased.

If you remember, last year I did a comparison (with pictures) of the Yamaha Comfort Seat, Corbin Gunfighter, and stock seat. I can't remember if I posted it here or on the FZ6 forum on Sportbikes. You should try and do the same, only with the TS seat. Oh, and I kept the Corbin, for anyone that was wondering...lol.

I'd love to have one of these, though.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great seat! Good price too. How much is the shipping? :thumbup:

ozmodius

Reaction score
Visit site
I love mine.. wouldnt trade it for anything. It is by far the best addition i've made to my bike.

Here's what mine looks like.

cimg0862.jpg

F

FZSex

I am genuinely excited about this mod!!!

I bit the bullet and visited France virtually. Top Saddlery had thee seats on discount (2 left!) for the FZ6. The remaining two have white stitching but the one I purchased has blue stitching. Smooth black material except for the drivers and pillion seating areas which are a suede/brushed leather look. "FZ6" on the riser in blue then filled with white stitching.

$319 and change (US dollar) shipped. (BTW, even though they claim to take MC, I couldn't get that card to go through and ended up using a VISA instead)

Here is a similar seat shot. I will post actual photos when it arrives and when it is mounted....

View attachment 13802

Guys, hope you dont mind the sales pitch but I just got mine in today but sold my bike before the top saddlery seat got here. :eek: Its in the truck and I need to take pics and post in the for sale forum but i got mine new for under $250 and will be selling mine for $280ish (I need to insure and shipping will be a bit so Im trying to both break even and give someone a good deal).

It has silver stitching so someone will have to dye or do what I planned ... sharpie lol just a heads up before someone buys one full price.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know when you are installing the race tech springs, i would love to learn how so i can do it to mine sooner or later.

Will do! Looks like maybe, the last weekend in March? 28th? I would GREATLY appreciate help with it!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice score, FZ6inNH!!! Like everyone else, I've heard nothing but good things about those seats, so you should be pleased.

If you remember, last year I did a comparison (with pictures) of the Yamaha Comfort Seat, Corbin Gunfighter, and stock seat. I can't remember if I posted it here or on the FZ6 forum on Sportbikes. You should try and do the same, only with the TS seat. Oh, and I kept the Corbin, for anyone that was wondering...lol.

I'd love to have one of these, though.

You did post it here. Great write up too!

I tested Eric's (oldfast007) Corbin on the White Mountains trip. It was GREAT compared to the stock and better than the comfort seat. But, this was the saddle I have been DYING to get.

Eric/Rob/anyone-close, if you'd like to ride with me this spring and swap seats for some miles, I'd be glad to let you try this one out.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
great buy! can't wait to hear how you like it. now you said only three left....are they discontinuing it?

Nope, these are ones that were pre-made or made and not paid for by other FZ6 owners so they put them on clearance. They are € 154 but you have to return your seat or pay extra to buy a seat pan which I did. So, it was € 178 and with shipping, came to € 253. At the time, it was $319 and change with the exchange rate. Today, that is $323 and change. This includes the shipping, Pete. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys, hope you dont mind the sales pitch but I just got mine in today but sold my bike before the top saddlery seat got here. :eek: Its in the truck and I need to take pics and post in the for sale forum but i got mine new for under $250 and will be selling mine for $280ish (I need to insure and shipping will be a bit so Im trying to both break even and give someone a good deal).

It has silver stitching so someone will have to dye or do what I planned ... sharpie lol just a heads up before someone buys one full price.

NP! Perhaps the two of you (crazybiker) can meet up and save the shipping cost? At $250 this is a GREAT deal!