New rider chick from NJ

GCguru

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Came over from FZ1OA to introduce my g-friend to the board....She just picked up a 08 FZ6 cobalt blue after taking the MSF course and spending long bum-burning hours on the back of my 08 FZ1.....I'm sure she'll chime in here at some point!

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Your FZ1 looks awesome with the large windscreen. I originally wanted that bike, but in Ontario Canada, The FZ1 is considered a restricted bike... (read: no one wants to insure them). My Fz6 cost me $750/year up from $600 last year. I have a perfect driving record, but according to my Insurnace company, rising costs necessitated my increase... I read that as... young dudes keep chucking their bikes down the road and I have to pay for it... Any way... Rant over... LOL. The FZ1 would be around $2600 to insure for me per year.... sigh...

blubullit

Reaction score
Visit site
Your FZ1 looks awesome with the large windscreen. I originally wanted that bike, but in Ontario Canada, The FZ1 is considered a restricted bike... (read: no one wants to insure them). My Fz6 cost me $750/year up from $600 last year. I have a perfect driving record, but according to my Insurnace company, rising costs necessitated my increase... I read that as... young dudes keep chucking their bikes down the road and I have to pay for it... Any way... Rant over... LOL. The FZ1 would be around $2600 to insure for me per year.... sigh...

Rant over? From the posts of yours that Ive read, thats all you do! J/K :justkidding:

mustanggirl1975

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks every one !!! I'm sooo excited about my new bike. I picked it up on Saturday and literally haven't stopped riding. I think she's already got 150 miles on her!!!

It's a great feeling to go out and actually ride WITH my boyfriend, but I will miss the warm wind guard ;)

I'm from Morris Co. Jersey, about 3minutes from Morristown.

Yes the insurance can be costly, we went to many different ins. co.s to find the right one, I couldn't imagine paying thousands a year for the FZ1 and FZ6 that we have.

Anyway, I wish every one good rides and lots of fun!!!

:Sport:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Rant over? From the posts of yours that Ive read, thats all you do! J/K :justkidding:

99.9% of my post have no malice intended.... but I do admit I get real annoyed with new riders or just young yahoos wrecking their bikes. They have little experience and or skill to go on, but off they go like road racers.... They end up doing something that is completley dumb and avoidable... Case in point (in another thread) Lonesoldier84 lost control in a corner... who knew there would be sand or debris there (yes sarcasm...:)). Luckily he wasn't hurt, but insurance.... very sad and completely avoidable... So yes, I like cheap insurance and don't like paying for other people's lack of common sense...:)... Just my opinion and sorry for the thread jack...:thumbup:

Last edited:

MotoMom

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello NJ girl and welcome !
I got the same bike 10 days ago and I'm really happy with it. Drive safely and enjoy !
I envy the fact that you have someone to ride with. My husband doesn't have a motorcycle anymore (sold his Virago after I sold my bike in the 90's). Maybe he'll miss me enough and will want to buy another bike soon so we can ride together !
Have fun,
MotoMom