New rider and proud owner of an FZ6

Redwolf35

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys. Just recently purchased my first motorcycle maybe about a month ago....2007 FZ6, red. I'm the 3rd owner of it and it's had one driveway tip over, 2 small dings in the paint that you're not going to notice unless you know where they are and looking for them. Came with a set of 35L Givi side bags, throttle lock amd extended wind screen. Had around 10k miles on it when I bought and rolled past 12k yesterday on it. Got it for $4k. Absolutely loving it.
I ride in the North Georgia area, but am mainly limited to just riding on Saturdays and even then, can't get started until late morning/early afternoon since I'm a truck driver and usually don't get home till 10am-2pm on Sat. About once a month I'll take a day off and take a long weekend where I can ride more.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum and conrats on the new bike.
I'm sure you've already figured out that there's a lot of useful information on the forum as well as some great people.

How about some pics? :D

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, you picked a great bike. You say this is your first bike, take your time and learn the bike and build your skills. Remember AGAT (all the gear all the time) you are a valued member and we don't want bad stuff to happen to you. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the best forum!

Congratulations on your new ride!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome to hear another happy FZ6 owner has joined the ranks!

This is a great all around bike, I've had mine since 2006 and wouldn't think of selling it. Northern GA, Western SC and Western NC are some of the best riding roads on the east coast and possibly in the entire country!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To the best forum out there and same for the FZ6. Too bad it's red because you have been miss informed cause the blue is the fastest and best looking color. :D Pictures please.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To the best forum out there and same for the FZ6. Too bad it's red because you have been miss informed cause the blue is the fastest and best looking color. :D Pictures please.

I think you deliberately forgot the SILVER version :spank: :BLAA:

OP, post LOTS of pics, as we're all addicted to shiny pics of bikes :D

Grtz,

Degake

Last edited:

Redwolf35

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in posting some pics.....think I may have some on another post somewhere around here but not sure. Been busy with work lately.

At the top of Brasstown Bald
025.jpg

Happy new owner just getting home!!!
me1.jpg

Next 3 are after a short 100 mile ride with a couple friends. Givi bags came on the bike.
022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

Redwolf35

Reaction score
Visit site
Since I no longer own a car and the FZ6 is my daily driver, the luggage has come in handy since day one. I keep a rain suit and motorcycle cover in one and use the other one for whatever I need to use it for....mainly for keeping my jacket stowed while at work. Love having them on there.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike!

You planning to ride year round since you no longer own a car? I commend you for that! I love riding but having a cage comes in handy at times (snow, hurricanes, deer season, etc.)

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats, dude! I myself just brought my blue 2006 home a couple weeks ago. :D That's funny, my little brother & his wife live in Dahlonega. It's beautiful down there.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you got that one for a nice price, with the luggage too!
Congrats, she is a great looking bike!