New Paint?

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of putting a new coat of paint on my 04 Fz6. Wasn't sure if it would be a good idea and if so would it be better to have it custom done or would it be able to be done by myself? :confused:

big question is do you have experience painting if you did it yourself?? If you are not experienced and concerned about resale price you may want to find a professional and go crazy with some custom color. I had minor body work and got all mine done in a 3 stage pearl for $900

^^^ Agreed. Spend the cash on the professional job if you want it done right. I thought blowing $1K on my paint was crazy until I saw the result.

If you really want to DIY it, take a class at a vocational school on bodywork and use it as your final project. The class will provide the equipment, so you'll only be out the cost of paint and consumables.

there are a few different stock paint schemes you can see on the forum.

originally I was thinking of doing a variation of the white with red stripe like Kazza's but with a blue stripe. AGF has the yellow and black scheme that's pretty cool too. Solid colors look good too but it's really all about personal choice.

Yea I was thinking of a red paint scheme with either a blue or silver stripe, or maybe a double pin stripe, not sure yet, I do like the new red/maroon that Yamaha came out with but I'm not sure how that would look on the silver though....

Back