New Paint?

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of putting a new coat of paint on my 04 Fz6. Wasn't sure if it would be a good idea and if so would it be better to have it custom done or would it be able to be done by myself? :confused:

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
big question is do you have experience painting if you did it yourself?? If you are not experienced and concerned about resale price you may want to find a professional and go crazy with some custom color. I had minor body work and got all mine done in a 3 stage pearl for $900

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ Agreed. Spend the cash on the professional job if you want it done right. I thought blowing $1K on my paint was crazy until I saw the result.

If you really want to DIY it, take a class at a vocational school on bodywork and use it as your final project. The class will provide the equipment, so you'll only be out the cost of paint and consumables.

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
there are a few different stock paint schemes you can see on the forum.

originally I was thinking of doing a variation of the white with red stripe like Kazza's but with a blue stripe. AGF has the yellow and black scheme that's pretty cool too. Solid colors look good too but it's really all about personal choice.

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I was thinking of a red paint scheme with either a blue or silver stripe, or maybe a double pin stripe, not sure yet, I do like the new red/maroon that Yamaha came out with but I'm not sure how that would look on the silver though....