new owner!

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
im so happy. i found this forum, and my bike on the same day! i just bought an 07 with 835 miles on it here in san jose. its perfect, not a scratch or a ding, the owner simply found the riding position too uncomfortable...go figure.

its my second current bike. and i was in the market for something mid-range and powerful, i came across an ad in craigs, went and took a look and a ride, and bought it today!

the bike has not had its 600 mile service, so the first thing i did today was change the oil. or half of it. i cant get the filter off, so ill go to the yamaha shop tuesday and get a filter wrench, hopefully one which uses a ratchet and can take this baked-on filter loose.

i called and added the bike to my geico insurance policy, and with a two bike discount and my return customer good rider blah blah they want over 900 dollars a year in insurance, because its listed as a "high performance" bike! my other bike, an 05 r1100s costs $370 a year. might have to shop around, any suggestions, high-performance men and women?

so im excited to get out there tomorrow and sanely find out what my new bike can do. and i am looking forward to using the forum for inspiration and information, and thank you good folks in advance for welcoming me!

I had Foremost when in California and they were about half what you were quoted. Have fun and stay safe..

Welcome to the forum, and to the FZ6. I wonder how the previous rider could think the riding position was too uncomfortable?

Anyway, stay safe and enjoy the bike!!!

Welcome to the forum!

I have Geico for the car and truck but they wanted about the same as they quoted you to insure the FZ6. I shopped around and finally insured the bike with Progressive for about half of what Geico wanted.

Hope you have a blast with your new bike!

Back