NEW MIRRORS w/ PICS

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got these new mirrors on ebay... and I have to say, putting shorter mirrors on the FZ6 dramatically gives the front end a more aggressive look. It'll be perfect once I chop and paint the mirror.

enjoy

3319250665_98aafa823f_b.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

The bolts that came with the mirrors were alittle big. So i just drilled the holes out to fit.

DSC03899.jpg

and I haven't integrated the led's yet, post pics when thats done.

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03897.jpg

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

DSC03895.jpg

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good! Now when you get the mirror indicators hooked up, please fix that poor blinker. :D He's looking a bit limp.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Man those are some hot mirrors. Let usk now of where you got them. Must say the best looking mirrors I have seen on the forum. HOTTTTT....

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
The mirrors look nice, but man, those rubber boots look horrible with them. You need to come up with something else to cover things up.

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
I got'm from this guy on ebay

eBay My World - ganbadehippo

about the boots... yeah it may not look the best, but it looks even worse with out them. Do you guys know of any smaller after market boots, I've never seen any for sale.

ooooh yeah that blinker... someone backed into my baby and knocked her over (then took off). I'm pretty sure the mounting point in the fairing is broken, sooo i gotta go replace that fairing and at the same time get some flushies

$35 + S/H (just about 50 bucks out the door)

As far as how well they work. It's like night and day. I can actually see behind me (and not just my elbows like the stock mirrors). The actual mirror quality is superb ! Clarity is fantastic and the mirrors have a slight tint to them. Just over all fantastic functionality.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I got'm from this guy on ebay

eBay My World - ganbadehippo

ooooh yeah that blinker... someone backed into my baby and knocked her over (then took off). I'm pretty sure the mounting point in the fairing is broken, sooo i gotta go replace that fairing and at the same time get some flushies

I dropped my bike first month I had it and broke the mount. Just took it apart and used some epoxy to rebuild it. Two years later its still fine, save your self some dough, get a $5 tube of epoxy and fix the mount.

Nice mirrors, might check them out if we can find smaller boots for them.

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped my bike first month I had it and broke the mount. Just took it apart and used some epoxy to rebuild it. Two years later its still fine, save your self some dough, get a $5 tube of epoxy and fix the mount.

Nice mirrors, might check them out if we can find smaller boots for them.

Awesome! Thanks.

I think I just found my weekend project

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
dang man...I like the look, but the wire is kidna unsightly, and the boot. We got to figure out a way to make it look sleeker. I've yet to find a decent mirror that looks good on the FZ

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
dang man...I like the look, but the wire is kidna unsightly, and the boot. We got to figure out a way to make it look sleeker. I've yet to find a decent mirror that looks good on the FZ

you know i was skeptical about the wire before I bought them, but it actually looks good (take my word for it)

but I do need a smaller boot, trying to see if there are any OEM boots from other bikes i can make fit

I've been shopping for mirrors for a long time, anything I thought looked good was way too expensive. I'm really picky about my mirrors and i'm very happy with these

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks pretty nice, I was originally looking for those but then I gave up and found some bar end mirrors. This was the result, I like it, but the view is a little different considering they are not close to your eyes but close to your hands. I kind of wish I would of got what you found, but I already made the block off plates and what not, but very cool, now that I know that they exist.

I want to apologize to the people who keep seeing these pictures... again.

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0518-1.jpg

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks pretty nice, I was originally looking for those but then I gave up and found some bar end mirrors. This was the result, I like it, but the view is a little different considering they are not close to your eyes but close to your hands. I kind of wish I would of got what you found, but I already made the block off plates and what not, but very cool, now that I know that they exist.

I want to apologize to the people who keep seeing these pictures... again.

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0518-1.jpg

what kind of windscreen is that ?

I was debating about bar end mirrors for awhile too

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
if you can figure out what to do about those boots this will be something i put on my list. one of the worst things about this bike are the mirrors. i like to be able to see what is coming up behind me with a quick glance rather than having to turn my elbows in. i glance at my mirrors all the time. but i don't always turn my elbows in. my previous bike (gl650) had great mirrors and i could see quite well and easily.

i've seen these pics of the bar end mirrors... but i wonder how often i'd look down at my hands. it's something i'm keeping in mind. i've actually tried to imagine that's where my mirrors were to see if i'd like it. trying to use my imagination... i don't like them.

thanks for the post.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what kind of windscreen is that ?

I was debating about bar end mirrors for awhile too

Its a Dark Smoke Puig Double Bubble (ebay) , but I cut the edges of it and gave it a different shape, I also nocked quite a few inches off if you check in my gallery, and my friend and I put the silver Decal on it.