kylinder

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

New member here from London

I passed my test last week and have bought a FZ6N S2. I'm picking it on saturday and cannot wait!

Just wondering if there are any rain covers you would recommend?

Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:kylinder! to the best forum on the WWW!

Congratulations on your test and new bike! I have a cheap Nelson Rigg cover and don't know what's available to you across the pond but imagine it's not much different.

My neighbor bought me my new cove I guess cuz the one I had was so ratty looking Haha!. I told him I liked my old rat cover cuz no one would keep a nice bike under a piece of garbage and hence less attention. He said just throw your rat cover over the new one! :rockon:

Welcome again!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

Can't help with cover as I never use one, but I'm sure someone will chime in with suggestions shortly.

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello mate, :welcome:
I use the oxford cover. I cant compare it to others, as this is my first bike aswell.

kylinder

Reaction score
Visit site
Bloody hell, I've never been on a forum this friendly! haha

Thanks for all the replies!

I will try to take some pictures on the weekend when I pick the bike up.

I can't wait for my first ride. I trained on a CB500 and have a feeling this might be a tad faster lol.

I have bought most of my gear bar a helmet which I'm finding it tough to find one that fits properly. The AGV GP Tech was pretty much spot on but I wasn't too keen on the crazy rossi paint job

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have bought most of my gear bar a helmet which I'm finding it tough to find one that fits properly. The AGV GP Tech was pretty much spot on but I wasn't too keen on the crazy rossi paint job

Try the AGV Stealth or AGV T-2 both a similar fit without the stupid Wossi graphics :thumbup:

Stradders

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. I'm quite new here too. Unfortunately I do not have a nice garage to keep my bike in so it lives on my drive under a medium sized Oxford cover. Does the job fine, though I also wrap a few bungee cords around it to stop it flapping around too much in the wind. I found the cover would lift off slightly off the back when it got windy. I also make sure my disc lock goes through the cover at the front wheel to stop any passing drunks on Friday night thinking they'll pinch it!
I also passed my test on a CB500 and the thing I noticed straight away was power! My experience with my FZ6N is it is a very smooth easy to ride commuter up to 6000rpm, then after that ......wow! so it satisfies my work ride and also my weekend fun! plenty of bike to keep you happy for years!

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not move up North, up here property prices mean we can afford a house and a garage. :D

Welcome to the site, lots of useful info, and of course some not so useful. Don't believe everything everyone says, lots of people think they know what they're talking about, the number that do is somewhat smaller. Of course all of it is given with the best possible intentions so filtering out the useful stuff can be tricky.
FZ6N, great bike, I have an older orange one, after years of riding bikes for dealers I had to buy my own and the FZ6 was great value, more than fast enough tp run with a quick bunch on sportier stuff, handles well, comfy etc etc. I would put a small screen on it (check ebay and wait for a bargain, I got a genuine Yamaha one for less than half price).
Best advice, no substitute for experience, get out there and ride it as much as you can. Have fun.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
A big welcome from London too!
Got my test just before Christmas, so this is my first biggie too!

Oxford Rainex comes out highly recommended by a couple if bike mags. If you store it in all weathers and want the mutt's nuts then the Stormex is about the best money can buy.

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Hello mate, :welcome:
I use the oxford cover. I cant compare it to others, as this is my first bike aswell.

ditto...

As for helmets... a proper fit is the most important thing...and do check this site!!!

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Try this one.. id say its the best helmet out there... http://www.shoei-europe.com/uk/products/XR-1100

I use the Bell MX5, but won't recommend it as its not very practical...looks/feels like a piece of art though...

2009_Bell_M5X_Daytona_Black_White_DYB_Motorcycle_Helmet.jpg

The AGV Stealth is also a good choice...

BTW welcome... :)

Last edited:

kylinder

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies!

Sorry for the delay, I had to wait for the bike for a while until the replacement reg and tax disc came as he had a private plate.

Wow! The bike is so much fun and it's faster than I expected.

I need to work on my cornering as I think i'm sticking it in too low of a gear.

It hasn't got a centre stand, do the nakeds normally have them? I'll look on ebay or get a paddock stand