New member with a 2006 FZ6

jborlace

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have been reading this site for a few weeks. I traded my 2007 Boulevard C50 yesterday for a 06 Red FZ6. I took a short 20 mile ride today. I love the bike. Where is the best place to get a smoked windscreen? It feels like the clutch needs adjusting a little. It has about 1/4 or 1/2 inch play in it. Any advice on how to do that? Just wanting to say hi to everyone and let you all know I am a member of the FZ6 club now.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!

:needpics:

The clutch lever has some play in it but if yours is excessive you can mess w/ the lever adjustment (round) and/or check the condition of the slave lever spring.

You can get Puig racing screens a million different places such as KneeDraggers.com - Sportbike Parts, Accessories, and Apparel. I think there are some other wind screen options out there as well.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the forums. As defy said adjust your clutch at the knob and see if you like it. It is differnt than most bikes it has a very small friction zone you will get used to it over time. and the puig windscreens look killer on our bikes check 'em out!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jborlace, welcome and good move on getting the FZ, you'll love it!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the club, excellent choice for the new bike and congrats on the purchase.

Oh yeah...

:needpics: