New member welcome thread..

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Chuck! I have a kid and one on the way, so I also ride thinking about my family. Hopefully we'll meet up. Check out the post I placed on Northeast site for the motomarket party.
Dani

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, hello everyone.
Been looking for a decent forum relating to my favourite bike, and here I am. This place looks excellent, full of friendly, helpful and knowlegdeable people by the looks of it. :rockon:

A little bit about me...
Aussie born and bred, 37 years young with a beautiful wife and a daughter that drives me up the wall...lol

Live in the quiet little city of Adelaide in South Australia. Have spent the last 14 years working for GMH (Chev's little brother... Holden), recently (last 3 years) as a Work Group Leader... (it's great getting to tell everyone what to do, instead of being the one who has to do it..lol)

I've had my '05 FZ6S for two and half years, best bike I ever been on. It's still stock, been looking at a set of Leo Vince's, local dealer said I could get them for $900... dunno if thats a good price or not???
I was reading through the safety gear post last night... Me, I always wear gloves, full-face Shark RSFRace helmet, leather jacket (AirMesh jacket in the hotter weather), high leather boots and Draggin Jeans. Looking at getting a 2 piece suit, when I can afford it.

Well, Thats me. I'll have to dig out some photo's, but as I said, "stock as a rock", so you all know what she looks like. Oh Yeah, forgot to mention, I got the Silver and Black one... I think they're faster than the Blue one's personally... lol.

Cheers.

J

jsteinb95

Well, hello everyone.
Been looking for a decent forum relating to my favourite bike, and here I am.

hello and welcome to the family...."decent forum?" you have come to the right place. Enjoy!!! :thumbup:

fitora

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, my name is Alfonso, I´m from Cádiz (Spain). I have a Yamaha FZ6 S 2004. I´m very proud of it, I think it is the best bike I had could buy.
Please, forgive me, because my english is very bad.
I´m 37 years old, I´m a teacher (3 years old kids).
This is my bike:
imagen007hc5.jpg

imagen017et1.jpg

V´ssssssssssssss

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,
Figured it's about time I introduced myself! I'm like a lot of others - just stumbled upon the site looking for info on my new bike....'04 off of E-Bay.
This is not my first bike; I've had several others over the years: I rode a Honda Scrambler for 2 yr's going to college after the Air Force, Kawi Enduro, Virago, Shadow & a Sportster was the last a few years ago.
We went on a timeshare vacation up to the N. CA coast & spent a week driving the coast hwy. Saw an untold amount of bikes having a blast & I got the bug again! This time I tho't I wanted a touring bike, but my size (5'7", 138#) dashed that idea. So I then tho't of a Sport-Touring type would do it. My first choice was a FZ1, but then again I was at the cusp of barely fitting it & haveing been out of it for awhile..........well I chose the FZ6! I'm happy w/it for now.
Did I ramble?
Bill M.

"But it's a dry heat"

Lewy

Reaction score
Visit site
Gday all just joined the site i Have a 2006 FZ6n which i got new a few years ago just got it reregisted today as it has been off the road for a wild due to having a wrist operation

So a big Gday from Lewy down here in Australia

Hank the Tank

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

My name is Henry but friends refer to me as Hank. Just bought my first Yamaha about 3 weeks ago. Got a great deal on a new 07 FZ6 since the 08's are here. Just waiting for the this crappy weather to go away. As many of you guys from the states know the midwest is getting pounded. Been reading thru the forum theres a wealth of info here. Glad to be a member.

Hank

Decided to stick a photo on here as if u fellas haven't seen one before. :p

J

jsteinb95

Hey Hank, welcome to the family & congrats on the new bike!!! Enjoy the site. :thumbup:

murph211

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! My Name Is Murph, I am from the Heartland of the USA Kansas, My ride is a 2005 FZ6,(Blue). It is my second bike since learning to ride two years ago. I was taught by my 19 year old son, Now ain't that a switch? I owned a Honda Magna 750 for about two month's when I came across my FZ6 while looking for a new ride for my son. I new as soon as I put my eyes on it I had to have it. It is a great ride and I enjoy it very much.

Murph

ADK2OBX

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings Fellow Z'ers. Been spying on the site for awhile before I picked up my 07 Fz6. Its a left over and bought it for $5999. I felt it was a fair deal in this area. Wanted the Black but no luck....but the wheels are already turning and im thinking of painting it Satin Black over the winter, give it that sinister and stealthy look. Well anyways all the useful info that I have been reading about here has helped me make the decision to pick up the Fz6.thanks!. it will share the garage with the Softail Nightrain and chopper CB 750 and will be my Commuter bike to work...60 miles one way....and a good bike for my Fiance' to learn on..the 16inch ape hangers on the HD is a little to much for her lol...Looking forward to putting on the miles on her and tweaking it out to get the best it has to offer.. My 6th bike..I love em all..but must say this is my first yamaha.other than that brand new R6 I stored in my garage for a friend for a summer..he got it back with 3000 miles.......I live a few minutes south of the Adirondacks of NY (my favorite place on earth) and can also be found enjoying a ride in the outer banks of N Carolina... (my other favorite place on earth)...well anyways ROCK ON!:rockon:

PhillyMatt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I am Matt from Philadelphia PA, the fast blue 2006 FZ6. Started last June this being my first motorcycle. Ride when ever i can got it for commuting to work. I love and haven't looked back.