Pinky is staying pink...says Amy!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, as quiet a few of you know. i am the very proud owner of Pinky...the pink FZ6 cup bike!

Now Pinky has had a very glorious life as a race bike, always owned and maintained by Yamaha Australia, and looked after by Yamaha Racing Team in Australia...and for the last 2 years, "Pinky" has been a combatent in the hard fought one make National bike racing series, the FZ6 cup.

In 2007, Pinky was in hands of Ken Wootton, former long standing editor of Australia's biggest bike mag, Australian Motorcycle News as more of a promotional tool for the series than anything else....Ken is a well renowned Racer in Australia, and although, these days he is not the quickest racer, but still fast enough...by choice i think...in his day he was a reasonably decent comeptitor in Australian Superbike Racing on Kwaka z1000's...

Then in 2008, "Pinky" was raced by one of Australia's most popular, leading female racers, the very lovely, Amy O'Mara, who punted "Pinky" around at a pretty decent pace!

Now Pinky was originally painted pink cause she was sponsored by Hogs Breathe Cafe, when Ken Wooton rode her in 2007..Hog's Breathe Cafe's main logo is a pink pig...so the bike was painted pink!

In 2008, Amy was enlisted to ride "Pinky", and i am guessing that with the bike already being pink, it made sense to get a girl on her...who could race, like Amy, and get sponsorship from the Breast Cancer foundation of Australia...and once again, continue to promote the series, the FZ6, and Amy through the obvious marketing opportunities, such a story provides...so the bike stayed "pink"!

In can recall myself, that this particular bike had a bit of a "reputation" in Australian Racing circles...first because Ken Wooton, who as a high profile media type, was given lots of ribbing for riding a pink bike!!!

Then when Amy hopped on it...and could ride very bloody well..., well the legend just grew!

Now, most of you know, i had decided to paint "Pinky" a different colouir, to make her "mine" and to get away from the novely factor of the pink....well..............

I recieved a very nice visitor's message from one , Amy O'Mara tonight, which was a lovely surprise, as it shows just how much Amy loved this bike...like i now do!

Here is a transcript of Amy's visitor message, which i am re-posting in tis thread, as even though Amy doesnt know i am, am sure she wont mind, as anyone can visit my profile and read for themselves anyway!...This is what Amy had to say about "Pinky"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Dear Wolfman, its is with such great pleasure to hear Pinky has found a new home w an adoring family. After trying to find out her location i stumbled across this forum - I had no idea where she ended up or if she was in safe hands. We had spent a 1yr together..the relationship was "rocky" when we first met but after getting acquainted on a regular basis we soon worked eachother out. She was slightly heavier than my last partner so i did find it difficult to manouvre her around as she wasnt as agile however, to her credit the sturdy girl (or 'tank' is what she was called behind closed doors) could stop very easily.. and a little trick she likes to play is getting her rear sideways..this only happens though when too much throttle is delivered when shes too far over on an angle.

She has 96hp & yes..to her credit a pink bike buys you lots of laughs at the track so dont change it! She can be a bit of a tart though... for some reason everyone used to sit on her..lean on her..use her as a shelf, the poor girl never really got a more of a chance to make an impression as she spent all of her time at the Yamaha factory around all the blue R6 boys so she did earn herself quite a label as a tart. Anyway... Im glad you are so happy to be the proud owner... she definately challenged my riding as she is a bike you have to ride hard to get fast lap times out of - i always said to the mechanics that she wld make me work for it! Try to keep her upright - although we had a few touch and go moments and bashings with the other FZ6s trying to prove herself - she never went down with me. Tell her i said hello and not to get jealous of her sister pinky!! (thats my pink R6).
Cheers,
Amy O'Mara
(pinkys X)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

First of all, i am so happy that Amy now know's that "Pinky" is in loving hands....secondly, it's great to hear what she has to say about the bike, and it's great to see that Amy looks at bikes like me....more than just a machine!

As you can see, Amy has told me not to change the colour of the bike, and with this, i have deceided she is right..."Pinky" should stay pink..it's her heritage!

Plus, when i do get her into the FZ6 Cup later in the year, she will be back home, as herself...."Pinky" the tart, as Amy has called her! LOL!

I feel so priviledged to own a bike who has had so much love...not just another racing bike!

I just hope that when i do get to race "Pinky" i can do her, Amy & Ken proud and post some reasonably competitive times, without binning "Pinky" and hurting myself!!!!

Anyhow, enough raving from me...just thought i would share the love!

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool

have any links to videos of her in action? I mean both pinky and/or amy

Ok...this was original posted by an Aussie guy i reckon...might be wrong!, buit i found it at this site's very own, Defyinertia's youtube page....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT9KSEm41jE]YouTube - Wolfmans Pink FZ6[/ame]

Amy & Pinky appear at about 40 seconds in!

:rockon:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's really neat. It seems like Pinky used to have an owner that was into her as much as you! As much as I was hoping for orange, pink seems like the right thing to do now!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Cool man. I would have said change it but hearing the story you really do have to keep it pink. Now, you just have a HUGE reputation to live up to...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool man. I would have said change it but hearing the story you really do have to keep it pink. Now, you just have a HUGE reputation to live up to...

LOL! I will try to ignore that when i am at the track...could get me in a bit of trouble, trying a little too hard!

:eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Told you to keep her pink in the first place :D.....How exciting is it that this here little piece of paradise (the forum) had a visit from and Aussie racer :rockon: Amy glad to see you found us...... Just found this on the net , im amazed at how close the FZ6 Cup is to what we ride everyday :eek:......Formula Xtreme News Item

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great news Jamie, I liked the "Anniversary Colours" you were going to paint it in, but after reading that, the only thing you CAN do is keep her Pink. :thumbup:

And welcome to forum Amy, glad you found the place and passed on your thoughts to Jamie.

:)