New member welcome thread..

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Mike, Mark and Eric, there is a lot of good stuff on this forum hope you find everything you're looking for. enjoy :thumbup:

smint

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone - I'm Gren, living in the UK. Have had my silver storm 05 fz6s since new and really enjoy it.
I didn't know there was a FZ6 specific forum and just stumbled upon this forum when trying to find out if there is a particular torque setting for tightening up the rear wheel as I want to fit the splash guard kit I picked up on ebay.
:thumbup:

Azarias

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys
I have been enjoying reading these forums for a couple of weeks now.
I purchased a new 07 Red FZ6 this last weekend!

I can partially blame you guys too...

2 weeks ago i was deadset on a Versys but had yet to actually find one to check out in person. Then after seeing it and puking shortly after... I noticed the FZ6 next to it. I thought hmmm wtf is this nice looking bike!
I looked and pondered and then realized its a bike worth researching. I also wondered why the hell i hadnt see anything about this FZ6 in my bike mags..

Anyway, i found this forum, read some of your great posts, followed a few links, and decided that i MUST get the FZ6!

:)

Yanzer49

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys, i ve reading this forum for quite some time.. Very very informative...
Bt the way i am from Singapore, riding a red fz6 s2 07.. been with this bike for 8 mths now.. current mileage is near 30k...
i has been a relatively good bike..
fuel mileage is superb..
i got about 410km with 75km on the reserve tank..
when i topped up, i still hv abt 1 litre plus in my tank...:rockon:

Guys, hope to know all of more... i will be posting pics of my bike soon...
n i got lots of questions to ask.. hahaha...
thanks for making this forum...:D

H

HavBlue

Bt the way i am from Singapore, riding a red fz6 s2 07.. been with this bike for 8 mths now.. current mileage is near 30k...
fuel mileage is superb..

Good to hear you are having a great time with the bike. Welcome and post lots...

Charlie

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,
My name is Travis and I live in the Bay Area, CA. I bought my red 07 two weeks ago and LOVE it. I bought it primarily so that I could use the commuter lane to get to work but this is way more fun than an ordinary commuter bike. So glad I didn't go with the Ninja 250...

Any Bay Area FZ6s with exhaust mods? I was extermely disappointed to learn a week into ownership that the exhaust pipes are plastic and want to change them! I've been reading about them and checking out the pics but seeing some examples in person would be good. Anyone have MIVV? That looks sexy...

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I finally found a decent Fz6 forum! Ive owned mine for about 1 year (first "street" bike) and love it so far. I do 100% of all my maintenance and mods since im a mechanic for GM and was looking for answers to the million questions I have about this bike. All the people I know and ride with have "cruisers" so Im the odd man out (but still the fastest!):rockon:

H

HavBlue

Well I finally found a decent Fz6 forum! Ive owned mine for about 1 year (first "street" bike) and love it so far. I do 100% of all my maintenance and mods since im a mechanic for GM and was looking for answers to the million questions I have about this bike. All the people I know and ride with have "cruisers" so Im the odd man out (but still the fastest!):rockon:

Hey Jeff, welcome to the forum. When you say mechanic for GM, do you work heavy line or something? Which model line are you involved with?

Charlie

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Welcome...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fuel mileage is superb..

Welcome to the Forum, great colour :thumbup:
Have fun and post lots. 30K are a lot of miles for 8 months, ride safely.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,
My name is Travis and I live in the Bay Area, CA. I bought my red 07 two weeks ago and LOVE it. I bought it primarily so that I could use the commuter lane to get to work but this is way more fun than an ordinary commuter bike. So glad I didn't go with the Ninja 250...

Any Bay Area FZ6s with exhaust mods? I was extermely disappointed to learn a week into ownership that the exhaust pipes are plastic and want to change them! I've been reading about them and checking out the pics but seeing some examples in person would be good. Anyone have MIVV? That looks sexy...

Welcome to the club, great colour :thumbup:
Post lots.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Welcome to the forum, great to hear we've got a mechanic on board, looking forward to lots of how to's :thumbup:

willoby61726

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Adam and im from Chenoa, Illinois. I have a 2004 FZ6, the faster blue one, and i love it. Its my first bike and i have only been riding since November. I enjoy lots of stuff but when I have a bad day, I just jump on my FZ and blast away for a couple hours and all my troubles seem to disappear!!

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I'm going to finally introduce myself after lurking for the last 9 months or so. My name is Chuck, I live in southeastern Massachusetts. I ride the faster blue 07 FZ6. My wife rides an 06 Ninja 500r, and as of Friday, my 11 year old son rides an 08 TTR 110e and is loving it. I want to thank everyone for the help and support that everyone provides and I hope to start adding to the forum as well. My first bike in 1986 was an 82 nighthawk 450. I also had an 81 Honda CB750K. I know that I don't need to say this, but what a great bike the FZ6 is compared to anything else I have ridden, unfortunately, at 40 years old, with a great family, I'll never see what this bike is truely capable of. I would love to actually meet/ride with other FZ6 owners.

Cheers,
Chuck:iconbeer