new member/fz6 owner!

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys! Just joined a few days ago. This site is great. Filled with lots of good info on the fz6. I bought mine last week and it is getting delivered Tuesday! It is a 2008 and it is the faster BLUE one. Been reading the forums XD! I am upgrading from a 2004 Ninja500r. I loved my ninja but i'm sure the FZ wont dissapoint. Looking forward to being a fellow FZ6 rider!

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys! Just joined a few days ago. This site is great. Filled with lots of good info on the fz6. I bought mine last week and it is getting delivered Tuesday! It is a 2008 and it is the faster BLUE one. Been reading the forums XD! I am upgrading from a 2004 Ninja500r. I loved my ninja but i'm sure the FZ wont dissapoint. Looking forward to being a fellow FZ6 rider!

welcome to the forum! I am sure u would find a wealth of info out here...and you will find a gem of ppl here who would go extra mile to help..Congrats on the new buy and also..dont forget to shop for the gear if you havent yet..ride safe...

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Back at ya CZAR... I think we are both in for a fun year this year. See you got a leftover '08 also, my dealer had two left. One of them was black that I test rode and one (blue) was still in the crate, that one is now mine!! Just ordered some frame sliders earlier today just to be safe. Would hate to drop the thing and rub the shinny off of it.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the upgrade!!! seems like a lot of people upgrade from Ninja's to the FZ, not a single person has complained...

Welcome to the site!

Ride lots and post often!!!

bradms38

Reaction score
Visit site
Must read before bike pickup

:Flash:several things:
I have a 2007 FZ6
crazy power!
0-120 faster than you can sneaze
will go much, much faster
The mods I would do to protect your investment:
frame sliders installed by the dealer prior to receipt of the bike, if laid down due to loss of momentary balance or accident with the kickstand/bumped you will not get a scatch on your front fairing, mirrors, handle bars, engine case etc. I recommend them colored in black.
an adhesive tank protector pad that will keep the paint from being scratched by a belt buckle or blue jean pants metal button or snap.
Neat and useful accessory is to have installed a 12vdc cigarette lighter accessoy that has a waterproof cap ($50 installed by the dealer). This can be wired to only recieve voltage when the bike is running. It allows you to plug in an inexpensive GPS, radar detector, IPOD for music, or a cell phone charger.
The only mods for performance that can be beneficial is a K&N airfilter, high-flow exhaust such as Scorpion (see you-tube for a before and after sound bite), and a power commander to adjust engine performance for the addition of the K&N airfilter and improved exhaust.
Another thing I did was shave approx. 15 lbs off the bike by removing the footpegs/mounts and center stand under the bike.
This is a wicked machine! I have stopped thinking about a bigger cc bike, this is the only sport bike I will ever need. Be careful, I can't stress enough how powerful this machine is. at about 7Krpm and beyond in any gear hold on.
Follow the break-in period outlined in the manual, it will determine the life of your engine. have the scheduled maintenance done by a qualifed Yamaha dealer. Would Jeff Gordon do all the maintenance and prep work on his Nascar prior to going 200mph? let the experts insure the mechanical integrity of your machine.
The battery is under the tank should you ever need to jump it. You have to take out two hex bolts at the top front of the tank and tilt it back towards the seat. It can be push start in 2nd gear, trying in 1st will not get it started.
Buy all the safety equipment you can afford. I drive fast but I am pretty much armor plated for that reason.

Last edited:

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: I upgraded from a 400 cc bike and love the power on tap as well as the more solid feeling in the corners. It encourages me to play :)

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
I definately cant wait! It is set for delivery tomorrow at 11! All ill need now is some nice weather to test her out. I know it has been talked about before but what frame sliders are recomended? Is there a general consensus? I have my gear pretty well set. Only thing I dont really have is a summer riding jacket. Any suggestions? Another question I have is about engine buzz. I have heard that it the engine is buzzy which can cause for numb hands on long trips. Is this true or is he an FZ6 hater?(he is a suzuki rider)

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
Back at ya CZAR... I think we are both in for a fun year this year. See you got a leftover '08 also, my dealer had two left. One of them was black that I test rode and one (blue) was still in the crate, that one is now mine!! Just ordered some frame sliders earlier today just to be safe. Would hate to drop the thing and rub the shinny off of it.

Definately going to be a fun year! Leftover is the best way to go IMO. Got a brand new bike and it was a lot cheaper! Which frame sliders did you order?