New FZ6N owner

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I just got my silver 2007 FZ6N last Saturday. Haven't ridden for a good 5 years so only just getting back into it. So rusty haha :BLAA:

Bike had close to 43000km on it and it was so clean looking and a bargain price for a 07 model so couldn't say no to it, even thou I was really looking for a Z750 originally.

I can't wait to start modifying it to give it a bit more of a aggressive look and better handling.

Can anyone recommend a place in Melbourne to upgrade the suspension on the FZ6N? I weight 120kg and the front forks do drip a bit when braking. Would love to get the bike to handle a lot nicer.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great big international family and the best forum on the big www!!!

Congratulations on your FZ6!

You can search here and find a lot of info on suspension mods.

You won't be disappointed with the FZ6. Watch it when you get above 8,000 RPM. She really comes alive.
Oi oi oi!!! :)

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have so many plans for the bike so far.

Look wise I want to get genuine yamaha belly pan, seat cowl and led indicators all in black.

Replace the mirrors with something nicer looking and in black. Not a real fan of the chrome mirrors.

I would love to have the r6 gold inverted forks installed but don't know where to go for the custom stuff needed to make it work. otherwise it'll just have to be spring and oil upgrades for the standard forks.

It's a work in progress so hopefully everything will slowly come together as I find the parts I want =D

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I just got my silver 2007 FZ6N last Saturday. Haven't ridden for a good 5 years so only just getting back into it. So rusty haha :BLAA:

Bike had close to 43000km on it and it was so clean looking and a bargain price for a 07 model so couldn't say no to it, even thou I was really looking for a Z750 originally.

I can't wait to start modifying it to give it a bit more of a aggressive look and better handling.

Can anyone recommend a place in Melbourne to upgrade the suspension on the FZ6N? I weight 120kg and the front forks do drip a bit when braking. Would love to get the bike to handle a lot nicer.
Jan, 02 and it's blue. I'm looking for a good manual and then some way to hook up my battery tender. On a thread here, somebody said the battery is buried under the tank and air filter box. I havn't checked yet but I'm not very enthusatic about taking the bike apart before and after every ride. So I need to find some sort of connector that I can just hook and unhook the battery tender to.
The nice people at the Marine Power Supply place that sold me the Batterytender said they can make one if needed but it would cost. Since it is doubtful that I'm the first FZ-6 owner to encounter this, I'm hoping a more experienced poster will have an idea.

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Have some photos of my ride. shes stock as a rock. hopefully not for long =D
Need to get some better photos next time I go for a ride and its a nice day.

IMG-20121229-WA0000_zps5972bef8.jpg

bd4650535354282865443_zps6ad97813.jpg

bd5376125789832705913_zps4566049d.jpg

bd5729345050091731223_zpsb5ab8d7c.jpg

Last edited:

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not really big on the silver tank. When I have some spare coin... I want to try find a genuine blue or white tank to replace it with.

But before that happens I want to work out what to do about suspensions. I originally wanted to upgrade with ohlins fork springs and rear shock but found out the spring rates won't be much of a improvement due to my weight ideally needing 1kg fork spring =(

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to yet ANOTHER Aussie member on this great forum :D

Adrian (AGF) will be your man in Melbourne for recommendations, as soon as he's back from New York :)

BTW, looks like you bought it at Peter Stevens, am I right? Favourite store in Melbourne, everytime we go to Victoria have to do a bit of a shopping trip there :D

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL Good eyes. yeah I got it from Peter Stevens Melbourne. I believe the price was pretty cheap for the model and from a dealer.

Lets just hope I don't regret buying it due to the price reflecting issues that I'm not aware of. *touch wood*

But it seems fine to me so far. I haven't tested any other FZ6N before so I can't really say if this is really in good nick or not. But it looks clean at least =D

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6's are pretty bullet proof.

Having spent a year with constant problems with my 'upgrade' I'm sorely tempted to sell my bike and get a FZ6 again...

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently got a few cheap goodies off ebay for da FZ6N. Ohlins fork springs and a brand new white/red striped petrol tank. Now to save for Ohlins rear shock, nicer mirrors, yamaha seat cowl and bellypan and maybe few other little thing =D

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
Just received my Yamaha flyscreen in the mail today and and felt like installing it right away. This did not take long at all.

Here are some photos of it installed.

20130402_161027_zpse3929390.jpg

20130402_161041_zpsed099e90.jpg

20130402_164636_zps037b22da.jpg

20130402_164703_zps18c1ef3c.jpg

20130402_164731_zpscb141ec2.jpg

I really should stop being lazy and install my white fuel tank. =D

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
Jan, 02 and it's blue. I'm looking for a good manual and then some way to hook up my battery tender. On a thread here, somebody said the battery is buried under the tank and air filter box. I havn't checked yet but I'm not very enthusatic about taking the bike apart before and after every ride. So I need to find some sort of connector that I can just hook and unhook the battery tender to.
The nice people at the Marine Power Supply place that sold me the Batterytender said they can make one if needed but it would cost. Since it is doubtful that I'm the first FZ-6 owner to encounter this, I'm hoping a more experienced poster will have an idea.

there are battery tenders/chargers like 'ctek' that come ready with this extension. you plug it to the battery once and leave it there. it can be discreetly hidden under the tank or fairing. its waterproof too so it wont cause havoc.