New FZ6 owner in Memphis

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All:

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I just got a new 08' cobalt blue FZ6. I am from Memphis, TN.

This is a great forum and looking fwd to trying out some of the mods. Just have to figure where to start :Sport:

-cheers
Raj

Yes, this is my first bike :rockon: and I am loving it. I was debating whether to get a SV650 or FZ6 and in the end chose to go with an FZ, cuz I liked the seating and the look of it better. Plus dealers around here didn't have an SV. So went with one I could sit on and get a feel of it before buying it. Of course this forum helped me out a lot as well :thumbup:

Welcome! Congrats!

The new '08 in Cobalt is a very popular choice! :D

Questions: Frame Sliders? MSF course? Gear?

Ride safe! Get to know her and respect her. Her limits are higher than yours right now.

Questions:

Frame Sliders?
Havent gotten them yet. But looking to order them soon. And probably a puig screen as well.

MSF course?
Yes i did complete that. Only then did my wife let me get my FZ6. :)

Gear?
I got my FZ6 on a saturday and here all the motorcycle shops are closed on Sunday. So I did wot everyone in my position wud do :), went to walmart and picked up a Bell helmet and gloves and been riding with ski jacket. I just had to ride it :Sport:

Have been looking to get a riding jacket. Probably this week.

Questions:

Frame Sliders?
Havent gotten them yet. But looking to order them soon. And probably a puig screen as well.

MSF course?
Yes i did complete that. Only then did my wife let me get my FZ6. :)

Gear?
I got my FZ6 on a saturday and here all the motorcycle shops are closed on Sunday. So I did wot everyone in my position wud do :), went to walmart and picked up a Bell helmet and gloves and been riding with ski jacket. I just had to ride it :Sport:

Have been looking to get a riding jacket. Probably this week.

You are well on the way! Good job! Check out New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough, LTD and Motorcycle Closeouts - Gearing up in 2008. New Enough is the "L.L. Bean" of motorcycle gear. Returns and exchanges are zero hassle!

Looking forward to pics of what mods you choose! I think you'll find the Puig racing screen to be the best money you can spend on this bike.

Ive only seen 1 other fz here in the Memphis area since I got mine (last year) sitting in a parking place at arbys. All the other bikes are - 30% sport bikes, 65% cruisers, 4% dual purpose, 1% us! haha

Most look at mine and wonder what it is (BMW or ??)

The few times I came across guys riding cruisers, I wave back and never did get a response. I hope they dint think i was riding a scooter :).

So where do you usually ride your FZ around here?

I'm gonna look for some roads outside of memphis cause in town cops are everywhere!!I like riding in raleigh/lagrange rd area ,a lot of curves! By the way,i don't wave unless they wave first anymore.People here are wierd... Nothing but cruisers...

Im still not so sure if I want to hit the twists and turns yet. Probably another week or so....and I'll look for ya.

Ill keep the waving part in mind.

Happy Riding....

If I were at home, I'd ride out towards Picwick Dam. I can't remember if it's highway 64 or 57 but from what I remember from going out there as a kid it might be a nice ride for a weekend.

Hey thanks guys.

Serraph: I almost got a SV650 from Corinth, but then decided to get the FZ6.

Thanks "crazybiker". Happy Riding to you guys!!

-cheers

Back