New FZ6 Bar ends

Somebuddy

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'll start off by saying that the search function for the forum didn't really yield any desirable results.

I'm looking for some new bar ends, handle bar caps, whatever they should be called for my 2006 FZ6. My Google search hasn't given me anything I'm really in love with. I checked on Rizoma.com and they have some okay stuff, but I'd like to keep looking to see if I can find something I can't live without before buying. However, I don't know of any other websites to check, and I prefer not to buy from a potentially sketchy site on the 14th page of Google results :D

What bar ends do you guys have? Do you know of any other specific manufacturers who's website I can check?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I'll start off by saying that the search function for the forum didn't really yield any desirable results.

I'm looking for some new bar ends, handle bar caps, whatever they should be called for my 2006 FZ6. My Google search hasn't given me anything I'm really in love with. I checked on Rizoma.com and they have some okay stuff, but I'd like to keep looking to see if I can find something I can't live without before buying. However, I don't know of any other websites to check, and I prefer not to buy from a potentially sketchy site on the 14th page of Google results :D

What bar ends do you guys have? Do you know of any other specific manufacturers who's website I can check?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I have not used these, but they are on my wish list......kind of pricy but I hear really good things about their performance. Not sure if you are looking to reduce the vibrations or just adding style. These fall into the 1st category....

HVMP Motorcycle Bar Ends to Reduce Vibrations

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not used these, but they are on my wish list......kind of pricy but I hear really good things about their performance. Not sure if you are looking to reduce the vibrations or just adding style. These fall into the 1st category....

I have those and they work great. They are a little big, but the reduction of vibes is more than worth the cost.

Somebuddy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have those and they work great. They are a little big, but the reduction of vibes is more than worth the cost.

Thanks for the reply, those bar ends look nice, how big is the difference in vibration? I haven't really been bothered by the vibrations with the stock bar ends but it couldn't hurt to lessen it!

Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking more for style. I didn't even really know that bar ends were made to reduce vibrations but it's definitely a good thing to know and look into :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, those bar ends look nice, how big is the difference in vibration? I haven't really been bothered by the vibrations with the stock bar ends but it couldn't hurt to lessen it!

Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking more for style. I didn't even really know that bar ends were made to reduce vibrations but it's definitely a good thing to know and look into :thumbup:

My hands would go numb with the stock bars and bar ends. The first ride with the HVMP bar ends I completely forgot about the vibes:thumbup:

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the OEM bar ends. (Why mess with perfection?) :rolleyes:

But recently they got test painted gold (just to ascertain if I'd like the look on the black '04). So I took the plunge and painted the calipers gold and bought new ss lines which were, yep, gold.

In terms of vibrations, I've got the two brothers exhaust, and they are a little buzzy at 7k+ but nothing to worry about. No fatigue during long road trips, etc.

Some others on the site have mentioned filling the bars with sand to minimise vibrations also.

Tell us how you go!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Remove your stock bar ends and go for a ride. If you feel the tremendous increase in vibes (as you should), that will be your answer: the only sensible *upgrade* is to go with something heavier. And if that's what you decide on, HVMP is the only non-custom choice.
RhinoMoto's are very nice for bar end mirrors, but they are quite a bit lighter than stock ones. Stockers are 300 grams. Rhinos are just over 200.

Drew Terry

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using the Vibranator Bar Ends for almost a month now, and I love 'em. See previous post here:

They screw right in to the stock bars. The damping post (gold section) goes thru the thread holes. $120+ shipping:

S05-B02-R04-N02-M01-T150-BRT-2.jpg

These are the HVMP bar ends for Yahama $78+ shipping:

FZ6-2.jpg

Not sure how they compare to the HVMP side by side but the Vibranators are working well for me. I can't find how much the Vibranators weigh online, but I could weigh one if anyone really wants to know. They are not just heavier weights but balanced to dampen vibration.

Edit: I just weighed the Vibranator Bar Ends, they are 296 grams (according to my Costco digital kitchen scale). The stock bar ends weigh 216 grams (I assume they are stock, they came with the bike when I bought it used with stock bars). Hope this helps.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Drew Terry

Reaction score
Visit site
Might I suggest that you folks work on the issue and perhaps solve the vibes at the source??? Perhaps 30 minutes of your time and you may be able to substantially reduce those vibrations.... My bike is pretty smooth on stock bar ends.

Its worth a shot.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/48874-cure-bad-vibrations-spark-plug-caps.html

I don't think the OP was looking for new bar ends to cure vibration, that's just why I got them. Thanks.

Somebuddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses guys. I'll definitely have to look into and do some research on every avenue that has been suggested.