New front Tire....how much to install?

Jumpingjerry

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my bike in mid November and it came with a brand new rear Dunlop Sportmax Q2. The bike has 8k miles on it and I think the front tire was original as it was starting to show signs of dry rotting. So anyway I bought a new front Sportmax Q2 from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC for $99.99 shipped. What should I expect to pay to have it mounted and balanced? Just wondering what the going price is. Thanks.

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you gonna take off the rim and take it to the shop? If you do most places charge around 20 or 30 dollars to mount and balance.

If you take the bike to them expect between 50 and 100 maybe more depends on the shop.

make sure after they do the work the tire is on the rim in the right direction and that they put everything back together the proper way.

Jumpingjerry

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in an apartment so I'll have to take the bike to where ever. Thanks for the reply. I guess I need to call around and see who's charging what. Also waiting for a warm enough day to ride it to a shop.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Our local speed shop quoted me $25usd carry in mounted balanced and carcass disposed of . . . I'll post up if it varies. . .