New Diversion owner from Kent, UK

The Spin Doctor

Reaction score
www.survivalskills.co.uk
Hi All.

Just a quick post to introduce myself. I've recently landed myself a 200 mile old 2009 XJ6 Diversion with ABS to add to the stable and back up the aging 600 Hornet.

I found the forum here whilst browsing for info on the bike last year when I had a test ride on one (you can find the review here on my blog, and although it wasn't a 'stand out' ride I was impressed enough to put some cash down when one came up for sale at a decent price.

I've now put approaching 4000 miles on it, it's definitely grown on me and you can read my ongoing thoughts on the bike on the blog.

Hope you enjoy the reads and look forward to more input on the bike. I'll be interested to see if anyone has managed to do a bit of tweaking, particularly to the suspension and gearing.

Cheers for now!

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
welcome to the site. but isn't the xj6 much like our fz6r? if so, you might want to peak into the fz6r site. they're not as cool as we are :BLAA:, but there might be some good info for you there.

The Spin Doctor

Reaction score
www.survivalskills.co.uk
Thanks for the welcome guys...

The difference in model classification is a bit confusing to say the least!

The FZ6R appears to be the UK XJ6-F. I'll take a peek over to the other forum!

It's my first Yamaha since my much-missed 1990 FZ750 Genesis.

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
uk 2010 XJ6 Diversion f = USA 2010 FZ6R

SOURCE: mcn.com

the 2010 UK XJ6 is simply a naked version with different headlight etc, underneath they're both the same.

pensioner62

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All.

Just a quick post to introduce myself. I've recently landed myself a 200 mile old 2009 XJ6 Diversion with ABS to add to the stable and back up the aging 600 Hornet.

I found the forum here whilst browsing for info on the bike last year when I had a test ride on one (you can find the review here on my blog, and although it wasn't a 'stand out' ride I was impressed enough to put some cash down when one came up for sale at a decent price.

I've now put approaching 4000 miles on it, it's definitely grown on me and you can read my ongoing thoughts on the bike on the blog.

Hope you enjoy the reads and look forward to more input on the bike. I'll be interested to see if anyone has managed to do a bit of tweaking, particularly to the suspension and gearing.

Cheers for now!
Hi Spindoctor, I read your reviews on your new Diversion with interest.

I bought a new naked XJ6 in March, and thought you might be interested in the calculations I did based on Yamaha's quoted gear ratios, plus my measured rear wheel dia (0.616 m - I found a very similar figure in Dunlop's literature) This gave road speeds at 11,600 rpm of 52.6, 76.9, 96.2, 112, 126, and 138mph in each gear. Checking on the road against a GPS indicated the rev counter was reading typically 10% high. (The speedo was also some 10% fast, as usual). Your maximum speed by GPS of 118mph equates to a calculated 10,000 rpm in 6th, (where Yamaha claim maximum power) and the theoretical red line speed would be around 138mph.
By the by, the Arrow silencer web site has dyno power curves for the XJ6 with a stock exhaust, together with curves for many other bikes, presumably under the same conditions, so hopefully comparisons should be valid.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All.

Cheers for now!

:welcome: to the forum Spin Doctor, Great write up and even better site:thumbup:
As has already been said this forum is for the FZ6 and the new diversion is the same as the FZ6R but we still welcome all other like minded riders here :thumbup:

The Spin Doctor

Reaction score
www.survivalskills.co.uk
Apologies for bouncing an old thread but thanks for the nice words guys.

Interesting calculations on the gearing Pensioner62. A year on and I'm still enjoying riding the bike but the gearing is a frustration. I'm going to have to try putting a one-tooth over front sprocket on it.