New Black Front Fairing installed w/ R6 projector 4300k 35wHID headlights..pics incl

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the headlights installed and I found a cheap black fairing that I thought would lookl a bit different. The difference in light is amazing and I am looking forward to do more night riding now. I like how the fairing looks as well, I think once I get the black front forks installed, and I have the tank and side pods re-painted it will look even better. Not sure of the design yet but I'll integrate black into both of them. Also added a smoke led tail-light that I also am feelin'......:rockon:

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow looks great. Have you had a chance to try them at night yet?

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! That looks really cool! Where did you get your R6 lights from?

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow looks great. Have you had a chance to try them at night yet?

Thanks...Nah, takin' her out tonight for a rip..Cant wait

To answer the other question, I purchased the R6 lights from rsw81 after he crashed his bike. I took my headlight unit apart, and put the guts from his lights in mine. Worked perfectly. I love how the lights flash on bright blue and then change color to a bright white....Very Nice....:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What year did r6s have projectors? I know the newest ones just come with halogen/mirror setups.

2003+ have had projectors, nowadays they are the same as the R6S which still has the same projectors.

That bike is looking great, i love the black/red color combination.

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
That is awesome. The black really makes the red pop! Do the new lights go dual hi/low? Or are they still low dual hi? Don't know much about how that stuff works...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
here is the projectors inside the 08 R6S housing.
I will be searching Ebay for scratched housings to take them cheap and do this over the winter.

08R6s_7b_de5e81e2.jpg

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet job Laz. Loving the new look. :thumbup:
May I suggest you also paint the radiator shrouds. They are a piece of cake to do and really clean up the look (especially when you get the black forks).

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see those worked out for you Paul. Just make sure you aim them properly or you'll be blinding everyone and their mother out there on the road.:thumbup:

If anyone else is interested in doing this mod or something similar using car-projectors instead, send me a PM and I'd be happy to help with any advice on how to do it.

EDIT: Not going to lie about this... it makes me a little teary eyed to see them on someone else's bike. I miss mine so much, but am glad someone is making use of the coolest mod I ever did.

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
What year did r6s have projectors? I know the newest ones just come with halogen/mirror setups.

03-05 R6 or 06+ R6S all have the same set of projectors like these. The newer R6 do have a reflector housing like you said though.