New Black Front Fairing installed w/ R6 projector 4300k 35wHID headlights..pics incl

Glad to see those worked out for you Paul. Just make sure you aim them properly or you'll be blinding everyone and their mother out there on the road.:thumbup:

If anyone else is interested in doing this mod or something similar using car-projectors instead, send me a PM and I'd be happy to help with any advice on how to do it.

EDIT: Not going to lie about this... it makes me a little teary eyed to see them on someone else's bike. I miss mine so much, but am glad someone is making use of the coolest mod I ever did.

Thanks Rob, I got a little teary eyed when I found out you were gonna sell'em to me...lol. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw pics of your bike.
I was reading some posts on the OTHER site and there were talks of a regular halogen lens vs. a projector lense that was designed with a halogen bulb in mind vs a projector lense designed for a HID bulb. I have to say I like the looks of the double projector lense vs. the one lenseon each side, but I'm not sure how much more light can come out of these things. WAYYYY better than stock. If you can..add a HID + projector lense set-up...It will make for a much safer riding experience. I can see so much furthr and off to the sides alot better vs stock.

Thanks again Rob....I'm gonna put some in my truck now...lol....lights on the Frontier suck balls, so this is something I can really use...might go with these guys or ebay....

The Retrofit Source

Sweet job Laz. Loving the new look. :thumbup:
May I suggest you also paint the radiator shrouds. They are a piece of cake to do and really clean up the look (especially when you get the black forks).

Thanks!

I though about blacking out the shrouds, but that wasnt the direction I wanted to take with this bike. I dressed it up abit with some chrome.
IMO blacking out the bits on the blues look way better than when U do it to the reds(again, just my opinion). Not too much chrome but I like the way it looks against the red and black....thanks though...:Flip: j/k

ChromeRadTrimpiece2.jpg

Chromefootpeginsert2.jpg

EchoLake08096.jpg

Have you done anything odd on your handlebar, looks off-place a bit (but nice, just cant take a good of view from the pictures)

Most assuradely SWEET. :cheer:

Like the color combo even though it's my rival teams colors (UGA). What kind of tank bag are you using, I like the looks and will need a good one for my commutes and weekenders.

Cheers :iconbeer:

Most assuradely SWEET. :cheer:

Like the color combo even though it's my rival teams colors (UGA). What kind of tank bag are you using, I like the looks and will need a good one for my commutes and weekenders.

Cheers :iconbeer:

Thanks...Its a Joe Rocket Mantis bag...x-large.

Thanks Rob, I got a little teary eyed when I found out you were gonna sell'em to me...lol. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw pics of your bike.
I was reading some posts on the OTHER site and there were talks of a regular halogen lens vs. a projector lense that was designed with a halogen bulb in mind vs a projector lense designed for a HID bulb. I have to say I like the looks of the double projector lense vs. the one lenseon each side, but I'm not sure how much more light can come out of these things. WAYYYY better than stock. If you can..add a HID + projector lense set-up...It will make for a much safer riding experience. I can see so much furthr and off to the sides alot better vs stock.

Thanks again Rob....I'm gonna put some in my truck now...lol....lights on the Frontier suck balls, so this is something I can really use...might go with these guys or ebay....

The Retrofit Source

I'm glad you are so happy with them. I knew you would be though.:thumbup:

Hell, with all this interest in these headlights, maybe I'll just open up shop making these for people. Okay, maybe not. My job doesn't allow for this much spare time. But if anyone wants help or advice, I'm always around so just PM me.:welcome:

Back