New bike hauler!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked this up for the Deals Gap trip. I plan on bringing my XR650L as well so I needed a trailer. I loaded the FZ up and gave it a good test run. I still have to buy and mount the spare, and a few eye bolts.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice trailer!

What is the brand - and do you mind telling what you paid for it? We are looking for something to haul ours on. You plan on hauling two bikes with it - correct?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice trailer!

What is the brand - and do you mind telling what you paid for it? We are looking for something to haul ours on. You plan on hauling two bikes with it - correct?

Here is a link to the MFG. It's a semi local company located in PA. I paid $499 for a new 2008 model.

I just tested it with both bikes installed, and it pulled great. I had to put the FZ head first and the XR tail first to get it to fit though. I installed D-rings down the center and on the rails.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a link to the MFG. It's a semi local company located in PA. I paid $499 for a new 2008 model.

I just tested it with both bikes installed, and it pulled great. I had to put the FZ head first and the XR tail first to get it to fit though. I installed D-rings down the center and on the rails.

Good deal - thanks for the link! And, you answered another question of mine - I was wondering if the bikes would have to go head to tail.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Good deal - thanks for the link! And, you answered another question of mine - I was wondering if the bikes would have to go head to tail.

Yea the two I have wouldn't fit with both head first. The usable trailer weight is a little over 1,600 pounds so it's not for 2 heavy bikes. Fully loaded I'm around 800 pounds so I'm well within the trailers capabilities.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
And... A nice wide tail-gate, so you can ride up onto the trailer.. no fear of slipping off that sucker.

I might get an old trailer frame, and make up something similar.

:)

Yea it really makes it easy to load. The only thing I don't like are the braces on the ramp. There's not a brace down the center where I loaded the bike initially. There are two on the sides that I can use to drive the bike up, but would really like one down the center as well. I'm sure I can ad something to give the mesh a little support if I decide to load up the center.

W

wrightme43

Trailer mods!!!!!!

LOL LOL

Rock on man.

What kind of oil are you going to use?

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man, I was thinking of something similar as the ride to deals gap form TX is going to be a long one. I had looked at some bike spcific ones but the are $$$$ this looks like a good alternative!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at one like this at a local shop. The one I want is a bit bigger, has those supports you wanted and it is all aluminum so it will not rust. It is, however, about $2000 though!!

Nice rig Anthony!

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
Yea, I ordered a a set of handlebar tie downs yesterday. Thanks for the link.

I've used Canyon Dancers several times, but I didn't like the load they put on the throttle body... although it was never a problem. A Yamaha mechanic suggested instead that I just wrap the straps around the lower triple tree. It works great without any plastics interference.

For the record, if you've got the cash, I highly recommend Kendon trailers. Dual Motorcycle Trailer Manufacturer of Stand-Up™ Motorcycle Trailers Folding Car Trailers Motorcycle Maintenance Lifts and Utility Trailers I've found two of them used for about $1500. Check eBay or Craigslist. I particularly like them because they'll stand up against a garage wall since the community where I live won't allow a visible trailer in the yard or driveway. As shown, the trailer chocks also keep the bike erect when idiot thieves cut 3 of the 4 tiedowns before noticing a large Kryptonite cable locking the bike's frame to the trailer.

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How cool is that Kendon Trailer. Very versatile and the storage of it is great.

Makes you wonder, if people that think up these things tried their hand at "World Domination", we'd be in trouble... :rof:.

:)

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice little trailer. I'd reccomend either cutting a piece of plywood and using a couple of bolts to bolt it to the deck, or getting some diamond plate and bolting that down, because my friend has a similar trailer but a little larger, and that wire mesh stuff stretches out. Do something to help spread out the weight from the tires. I know with one bike your front is over that metal for the tounge, but the back is just on the mesh, and it will start to sag. Just a heads up.