New Army Ribbons (humor)

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what its like in the US armed services but a friend of mine will love these ribbons because he was actually ASKED the other day if he wanted to go to Afghanistan :eek: :shakehead:... Of course he NO , what sorta dumb ar$e question is that to ask someone in the Defence Force :spank:

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if i was asked to go to afghan, id jump right on the offer. I come back from Iraq in july and want to go to Afghanistan next year

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Twitch:
I felt that way after my tour in Iraq and I got my wish... Afghanistan is way different from Iraq, other than some of the smells and the people. To me they look the same. :eek: :ban:

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
haha thats pretty hilarious they need to make one for those fobbits who sit on base lol im leaving to afghanistan in october but i hear its completely different from iraq especially the fighting 21B hooah!

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
There should be a ribbon for those who were sent home in bootcamp. I went, and didn't make it ribbon, lol. I say this, cause, I got hurt in bootcamp, and was sent home for my injurys after I graduated from the USMC in 1994.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I could go to Afganistan in a true combat arms role I'd go. I pulled the retirement card because I didn't want to return to Iraq with a Div HQ this Fall; and to top it off they wanted me to go as and E8 in an E9 role. Hummm, time to go, have fun!

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate, we have a 1sgt that is a drill sergeant in a regular master sgt slot in the battalion that we provide PSD for. He hates it everyday more and more haha. And i hated fobbits until we actually started needing them when we were out on mission. Then I realized that everyone plays an important role so i kinda felt like an idiot for always looking down on them. Although there are alot of garbage fobbits lol.

And ya I've heard Afghanistan is an entire different ballpark but hopefully I'll be going over as a 35P Ranger Hooah ;) Thats what I'm shooting for upon coming home.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what its like in the US armed services but a friend of mine will love these ribbons because he was actually ASKED the other day if he wanted to go to Afghanistan :eek: :shakehead:... Of course he NO , what sorta dumb ar$e question is that to ask someone in the Defence Force :spank:

To each their own. There are a lot of people in the military that would and would not want to go over there. I'm in the surface Navy (US) and have deployed twice in my almost two years in..once to the Persian Gulf, and once (currently on deployment) to the Mediterranean. I'm trying to get orders to RIVRON next which would mean I would do a six month deployment to Iraq. It helps that I'm single, otherwise I'd be trying to deploy as little as possible...not that I have much say in the matter.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
My tour in Iraq was as a truck driver. I loved it because when I was in the truck and seeing the sites I didn't have the BS of the company breathing down my neck. I was also single then and didn't have a care about what happened.

Now it's different I work with computers and the network, so I'm a Fobbit, but I feel it's justified I have a wife and a couple little girls waiting for me at home. I miss them and want to do my time and get home. There may be the chance I get outside the wire here but I'm divided on my feelings. I watch the trucks go out for their patrols and I kinda wish I was with them, but I like my job and it's more demanding mentally than turning a wheel.

macem29: yes I did have to work hard not to say the H word besides my spelling isn't that great.:BLAA: