Nelly's Birthday trip of a lifetime October 2010

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So in 2010 I will be hitting the big 40:eek:,
I have negotiated a 4 week pass with my ever suffering lovely wife.
My plan is to come to Aus and meet up with as many of you as I can.

Now I am going to need a bit of help planning this one.
I would also like to see some of the Northern territory, do a bit of a Aussie safari.

So far all I have got is October, for no better reason than I don't want to be there when its to hot and I don't want to miss Crimbo with my family.

In an ideal world I would like to hire or even buy a bike to do most of the travel on.
Any ideas?

Nelly:thumbup:

PS I am toilet trained have reasonable manners, take up very little room and my Pièce de résistance is that I am also a qualified Chef who has worked in Michelin rated restaurants.

Sweet. October should be ok weather-wise... could get a bit chilly, but you'd probably call it hot :eek:

I'll leave it to the others for info on NT... Never been there myself.

I'm a bit hard up for room here though (so many people here already :( ), I'm sure we can work something out for ya though.... (Wolfman's a top bloke... you'll be fighting in the kitchen though... He's a pretty good chef in his own right ;) )

Be great to have you down here, look forward to meeting you mate. :thumbup:

:)

Cheers Dave,
Don't get me wrong fella, I am not looking for an invite to stay in anyone's home.
An invite for a beer or Barbie would be nice.
This is probably going to be my last bit of freedom for a while and I plan on doing it in a real backpacking king of style.
When you say chilly, how chilly is chilly?

Nelly

Wow that sounds like a great Holiday & birthday pressie:thumbup: I went in October to Ozz with my wife years ago and had a great time, and much later than October was the box jellyfish season (so we were told in queensland).
hope you have a blast :thumbup:

Woohoo,that could be a big month for all of Oz ,lol
I,ve never been to NT either ,my Brother in law lives in Darwin and he loves it .

Couple of things to remember when you come:
1.The sun is very hot
2.The beer is ver cold
3.The beaches are sandy not rocky
4.If you don't understand the language see this link Australian slang dictionary

Wow that sounds like a great Holiday & birthday pressie:thumbup: I went in October to Ozz with my wife years ago and had a great time, and much later than October was the box jellyfish season (so we were told in queensland).
hope you have a blast :thumbup:
Cheers Cloogy,
I have obviously still got to do the OT to pay for it. You gota have dreams though...

Nelly

Woohoo,that could be a big month for all of Oz ,lol
I,ve never been to NT either ,my Brother in law lives in Darwin and he loves it .

Couple of things to remember when you come:
1.The sun is very hot
2.The beer is ver cold
3.The beaches are sandy not rocky
4.If you don't understand the language see this link Australian slang dictionary
Apples she'll be, I love a bit of the Amber fluid meself mate.

Thanks for the link, and people think we talk funny lol.

Nelly

Nice little b/day score mate :thumbup: , if you get a chance to visit Brissy there is room here and you are more than welcome to stay :D.....There is even a few bike hire places around town but you never know , we may just be able to rustle up a bike to ride for nothing and get you out with the Bris Fizz boys :cheer:

Apples she'll be, I love a bit of the Amber fluid meself mate.

Thanks for the link, and people think we talk funny lol.

Nelly

Oh you guys do talk funny, the Aussies just took it to a whole new level. :eek:

LOL

You are going to have a blast.

PS I am toilet trained have reasonable manners, take up very little room and my Pièce de résistance is that I am also a qualified Chef who has worked in Michelin rated restaurants.

They won't let you in the country if you make that too widely known!;)

What you going to do with the sprogs Neil? I would love to do somehting like this but the money would just be too much. Did you see the recent Charlie Boorman serious where he travelled the world in all sorts of transport. The Australian leg was great, he was sat at a bar in the outback and bumped into some old boys who were touring on bikes (like wild hogs Aussie style), they camped up with him and let him have a go on their bikes. Very accomodating

Nelly, You lucky b***er!

I hit the big 60 next year and have delayed my trip to Calif/Nevada til then.

But my wife of 15 months wants to come with me so will be doing it in a car!

Hope the Guys in aus look after you, I am sure they will.

They won't let you in the country if you make that too widely known!;)

What you going to do with the sprogs Neil? I would love to do somehting like this but the money would just be too much. Did you see the recent Charlie Boorman serious where he travelled the world in all sorts of transport. The Australian leg was great, he was sat at a bar in the outback and bumped into some old boys who were touring on bikes (like wild hogs Aussie style), they camped up with him and let him have a go on their bikes. Very accomodating
My lovely wife will be looking after the sprogs lol.

As I have mentioned I need to do the overtime to save for it. It's always been a dream of mine and I will defo achieve it.

I did see the Charlie Boroman series, It was very good. I would really like to visit the outback.

Nelly

Nelly, when you come to Adelaide, you are more than welcome to stay at my house, my house is huge...i only live with my son, and i have 2 spare bedrooms...you could even use one of my bikes to get around on while your here...better ridden than gathering dust...

My Front door is always open to friends. :D

:thumbup:

Nelly, when you come to Adelaide, you are more than welcome to stay at my house, my house is huge...i only live with my son, and i have 2 spare bedrooms...you could even use one of my bikes to get around on while your here...better ridden than gathering dust...

My Front door is always open to friends. :D

:thumbup:

Nelly, you better call dibs on the pink one!

wait a minute the orange/black one is nice too......Damn it now I can't even decide for you. :D

sounds like an awesome trip. I better start planning for my 40th now!

Back