Need new tires

Prince Valium

Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished using some great tires which are Bridgestone's Battlax S20's. Loved them and have gotten about about 5000 miles out of them with room to spare for maybe 1k or more. I mostly commute on the freeway now though instead of the twisties and would like to look for more of a touring alternative that is still in the Bridgestone family as I have been very happy with that brand. I am looking at the T30's or BT23's although it looks like the BT23's have been discontiued. Please let me know your opinions on new tires for more commute riding. Thanks.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My last set were bt023's. Got about 15,000 miles out of them. I rode in all weather conditions and did quite a bit of touring with them. I rode them pretty aggressively at times, too, and always felt confident in them. I've got pr4's on now and they are awesome!! 10,000 miles and not a lot of tread wear. I should get over 20,000.I've ridden them very hard and have done lots of touring with them so far. Pr4>bt023.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
6k miles isn't a very good tire life when compared to the newer tires out there. If you do a lot of slab commuting, most people here will recommend you Michelin pilot road tires. The PR4 is the newest, but people have hit 10k+ miles out of PR3 tires.

They are a dual compound tire, so they have a soft compound on the shoulder of the tire for grip in the turns, and a harder compound in the center for straight line riding.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got about 3000 mile out of my last S-20 rear. I like the miles I got out of the BT-016 Pro better. I'm running a T-30 on the back and it's looking good! I got to push the tire once warmed up on Montezuma Valley Rd. last Tuesday and I was very happy with the grip. I have very god torque and HP with my SV1000s and have broken the T-30 loose in turns but all in all I really like the T-30. Grip and wear are good for me so far at a little over 2000 miles. :)

Naturally getting 4000 miles out of a BT-016 rear is normal for me considering the type compounds and great grip I get from them. So mileage will be dependent on how you ride, what compounds and temps you ride at.

Last edited: