Bridgestone Tires - Which Ones?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the responses. I would say at this point I will almost definitely be getting a set of the 23s. Sounds like a great all around tire in both wet and dry conditions and should be able to handle the occassional spirited ride through the twisties.

RichBinAZ

Desert Dweller
Reaction score
Visit site
I see there are the BT-023 & BT-023GT (supposedly for heavier bikes). Has anyone slipped on the GT version? Do they resist the "5 sided" wear pattern any better?

My son has the '05 FZ6 and I have an '07 1250 bandit and strangely they have identical tires. The 021 front didn't work that well on the bandit, leaving the tire like this. Perhaps the tire was too light weight for the hefty bandit.

I'd like to see some pictures of the 023's just before they are taken off. That would be a handy reference point.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an update for everyone. If you didnt see my recent post about my blown rear, I just ordered a set of the BT-023's this weekend and they should be delivered some time this week. I got them online at the Motorcycle Superstore for $228 shipped! There was no tax and no shipping charge. Seems like a great deal to me.

As soon as I get them installed and get some miles on them I will report back with a review.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I've got just about 8k miles on 023's. Tires still looking good and still nice round shape. Also no signs of cupping on the front tire like the stock Bridgestone. I'm guessing at least another 3k miles plus out of these unlike the stock tires that gave up around 7k.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow..thats pretty awesome! Thanks for the feedback. The stock Dunlop 252's had around 8500 miles on them and they were down to the end. They had maybe 1k left before the wear line was exposed.

If I can get 8-10k out of the 23's I would be very pleased.

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
9k on my rear BT023 and it is shot. Pretty happy though, the profile remained decently round (and I live in the flatlands). Rode thru a torrential downpour last sunday and they weren't skittish in the least.

I'm fairly hard on the throttle and my riding tends to be city or slab, with a few random fun weekends thrown in. Can't really argue with the life or the performance, especially at $130 for a rear tire.

IMG00080-20120513-1444-XL.jpg

IMG00081-20120513-1445-XL.jpg

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got the new tires installed this weekend and although I am still breaking them in and cant go too crazy, first impressions are good. Ride comfort is nice, they feel smooth, and they feel like they dive into the turn with a lot less effort. I feel like once these things are scrubbed I am going to have much more confidence cornering than I did with the old Dunlops.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, time for an update. I have put around 1000 miles on the BT-023's and so far I have nothing but good things to say. They are super sticky, predictably dive into corners, and stay put through the corner. Coming out of a hard turn also takes minimal effort to get the bike upright.

I have also ridden in the rain many times (this month has been brutal!) and the tires perform well on wet roads. I know its still too early, but they are wearing normally.

I have hit some tight corners pretty hard, have no real chicken strips left to speak of, and the tires have been solid every time. Crushed a long tight corner today at 55mph (getting on the FDR off the RFK bridge for any fellow New Yorkers) and felt comfortable and know I can hit it faster if I wanted to.