Need help quick!

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I am all the way across town from my bike and therefore can't access my owners manual, but I am on the same end of town as the yamaha dealership that opens in an hour. Can anyone tell me if there is a 6,000 mile servce on our bike and if so what it consists of so I can decide if I should go wait at the dealership for them to open? Thanks much guys I will greatly appreciate any assistance!

B

bluenova

Depends on the model...

FZ6-N/S
FZ6-NA/SA
FZ6-NHG(W)
FZ6-SHG(W)
FZ6-NAHG/SAHG

Service every 10,000 Km / 6000 miles

--------

FZS6W
FZS6WC

6000 km / 4000 miles

Why the difference I have no idea, this is taken from FZ6 service manuals for respective models. I think it might be to do with emissions in california.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
No PDF viewer on my iPhone :( can anyone post the specifics as far as an oil change or what else may be necessary? Thanks again for the timely responses guys really appreciate the help

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
No,
Service is at 4k and 8k, etc. This is of course if you are riding and getting to those mileage markers for maintenance before the months are up.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Why is this such an "emergency"?!?!? You don't even have your bike with you right now to even take to the dealership. I'm very confused??

No PDF viewer on my iPhone

What, isn't there an "app for that"? Lol, sorry had too. ;)

Last edited:

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Why is this such an "emergency"?!?!? You don't even have your bike with you right now to even take to the dealership. I'm very confused??

What, isn't there an "app for that"? Lol, sorry had too. ;)

oooh sick burn lol I was waiting for someone to throw that in there / shoulda bought a blackberry kinda thing. The emergency being that if I did need to do the oil at 6,000 I could pick up the oil and filter with my car since I was on that end of town, go home and do the service without first driving 20 miles in the wrong direction. Had some time to kill while my dog is at the vet.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks again for everyone's help I just got home and thanks to all of your help I didn't waist a bunch of time at the dealership for nothing!! Really love this forum for how fast everyone helps out and how much information I have learned and been able to share as a result of being a member *tear* lol thanks again guys really appreciate the help.

Burnspot

Reaction score
www.burningfiles.com
No PDF viewer on my iPhone :( can anyone post the specifics as far as an oil change or what else may be necessary? Thanks again for the timely responses guys really appreciate the help

Eh? I view PDF's on my iPhone all the time; Safari's got a reader built-in. I've got the manual bookmarked and load it up when I need a quick refresher while I'm tinkering in the garage. I'm also prone to just leaving a Safari window open all the time with the manual already loaded.