Need an inexpensive streetfighter/naked build.

special_k_828

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody had a formula for an inexpensive streetfighter build. I like the look of the VS01/VS02 kit a lot but was just wondering if there are any other options.

I currently have a red 2007 FZ6. Previous owner had a slow speed drop which resulted in a few things... 1) bent front fairing stay so the front fairing is a bit crooked 2) some rash on the "eye" part of the front fairing...common spot and the fairings along that side... plus tank 3) broken turn signals

I bought the bike fairly cheap and rode it the whole season like that. I am looking for a new look now. This is what I am thinking:

1) Some type of round headlight, not expensive
2) plastidip fairings and tank.

Does anybody have a formula for an inexpensive build? My criteria is 1) don't want to hack into the factory wiring harness 2) anything that is done must be fully 100% reversible back to stock.

Thanks in advance.

K in Toronto

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
You just gotta do your homework man. Internet has tons of resources. Im pretty damn sure nubz shoop isn't up an running anymore. So I'm not sure really how you could get the vs1 vs2 headlight. Throw some pics up over her. There are cheap headlights out there man its just a matter of whether they match the style your looking for aaaaand the price. That's part of the fun in building a bike though. The relentless hours you spend searching for the perfect crap weeding through everything then getting it and chopping it up to how you think/want it to look and making it work. Theres nothing more satisfying haha. PM me if you need any help and be sure to throw pictures up man. Pictures help a lot on here

myeommc

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the HESA FIRE HEADLIGHT OR THE LSL HEADLIGHT - cheaper and look good

I am going to be using the Polisport Universal Headlight for now

HEADLIGHTS

couple of options and they are easy to strap to the forks

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
pretty cool looking @ a great price :thumbup:
It's DOT approved but with a High/Low 35w bulb it might not be bright enough.

it's a lot more $$ but I'm used the VS02 kit w/the relay harness and my factory H4 bulb.

good luck,
M

scidork

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat. Previous owner crashed taking out the left headlight and everything faring-wise below it along with the front fender. Oddly enough there is only a small scratch on the tank otherwise to show for what happened. I was scared away from the headlight/farrings mentioned a few posts before this one because unless you are careful with measurements, the speedo might not fit. As I'm on a 3 year assignment abroad, I don't really have access to an area to work or any of my tools. If I was home, I'd just be sure to pay attention to the clearances and have to make a lot of phone calls. The Nubz site is down but dev_usc still has the kits if you PM him. It's a tad over 300 but it might be worth the time and effort if you just want to get it presentable.