Need a recommendation for Flushies/Signals

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
My front left flushie died on me today and now I'll be looking once again at some signals. Does anybody have some they really like and would recommend? They don't have to be flush mounts.

Thanks,
Nick

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
What I did for mine is used smoked marker lights for trucks. I had to cut the connectors and then wired them up for the turn and running lights. I lined them up to cover the stock mounting holes so the wires can go through. Then I used a pencil to trace the outline of the lights and then eye-balled them to level and centered. This worked out great for me and took very little time (about 30 mins) and money (cost of marker lights and basic wire connectors). Maybe this could work for you? The nice thing is that if the light goes out you can just pull the light off, replace bulb and then remount. It's that easy!:thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

The question is whether these work as running lights or just turn signals. Most aftermarket flushies only work as turn signals (2 wires) and not running lights (3 wires).

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
After taking pics I realized I was wrong on the mounting. I put them just forward of the stock mounting holes. The top view of the light with yellow arrows shows the little mounting screws hiding behind the fairing and the other shows the mounting holes I drilled plus the wiring hole. These lights are the three wire setup (1 ground, 1 hot, 1 blink circuit) and I don't remember the colors, sorry. Hope these pic help ya.
:Sport:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WatsenDesign.com

Highly recommended and come with a life-time warranty if any of the LED go off for any reason! Little pricey but they are outstandingly bright. I got the running light module its worth every penny.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
The question is whether these work as running lights or just turn signals. Most aftermarket flushies only work as turn signals (2 wires) and not running lights (3 wires).

Yes, I'm hoping these work as running lights. I will post pictures once I get them next week sometime.

-Nick-

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon::rockon::rockon: Look Great!

After taking pics I realized I was wrong on the mounting. I put them just forward of the stock mounting holes. The top view of the light with yellow arrows shows the little mounting screws hiding behind the fairing and the other shows the mounting holes I drilled plus the wiring hole. These lights are the three wire setup (1 ground, 1 hot, 1 blink circuit) and I don't remember the colors, sorry. Hope these pic help ya.
:Sport:

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We're trying for a Watsen group buy. BTW, Watsen are lifetime guarantee, can be bought with the running light option, install in the stock hole, CNC machined aluminum and have the stock Yamaha electrical plug. :D

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
We're trying for a Watsen group buy. BTW, Watsen are lifetime guarantee, can be bought with the running light option, install in the stock hole, CNC machined aluminum and have the stock Yamaha electrical plug. :D

Yeah, I saw that. Not too keen on the price though, nor that 3 LED bug eye kind of look.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My front left flushie died on me today and now I'll be looking once again at some signals. Does anybody have some they really like and would recommend? They don't have to be flush mounts.

Thanks,
Nick

Did I mention the Watsen's are lifetime guarantee? ;) And no, I'm not a spokesperson but I do want enough people in the group buy so I can get the discounted price. Call me selfish! :D

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
Did I mention the Watsen's are lifetime guarantee? ;) And no, I'm not a spokesperson but I do want enough people in the group buy so I can get the discounted price. Call me selfish! :D

I would be interested if they did a darker lens over the LEDs, something not quite as obvious as the clear.

masonke

Reaction score
Visit site

I am in on a group buy for these.
Bear

Synr

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I could be part of the group buy, but I already have them! :rockon:
Absolutely top notch. They really clean up the bike and don't look cheap like all the other flushies I've seen.