Naked: Phase 2.2 is Done, Headlight and Fender On

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Now that the headlight is on I can finally ride the darn thing, plan on taking it for a short ride tomorrow. Here are the latest pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Headlight Info:

Hella FF75 Driving Light: H7 Bulbs ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hella-008284011-12-36-Single-Driving/dp/B000VU3E16"]Amazon.com: Hella 008284011 FF 75 Series 55 Watt 12-36 V H7 Type Single Driving Lamp: Automotive[/ame])
picture.php

Headlight Brackets (Fabricated myself of course :D):
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I can definitely appreciate all the hard work that went into this conversion, (R1 forks, yes please!) not to mention the exhaust, but honestly, I personally think that the bucket headlight would've looked better. Those headlights aren't my style, but to each their own, and I have to say that the rest of the bike looks killer! Great job.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I can definitely appreciate all the hard work that went into this conversion, (R1 forks, yes please!) not to mention the exhaust, but honestly, I personally think that the bucket headlight would've looked better. Those headlights aren't my style, but to each their own, and I have to say that the rest of the bike looks killer! Great job.

I know what you mean. I thought the bucket headlight was going to be the way to go, but after having it on their I realized I wanted something about the same size but with a more modern and unique look, so I started looking for the alternative. I'm happy with the decision.

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work. The headlights aren't my cup of tea but to each their own. I'm still admiring the forks and the other custom fab work! :rockon:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Good work. You need to come out to my BBQ on August 4th. It's a bit of a ride, and a week day, but I think we're expecting some FZ6 "luminaries" (krid80, vegasrider, lonesoldier, calirider, wavex, ducksridingbikes).

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll admit, I didn't like the headlight at all when I first saw it yesterday. But after looking at it again just now, I'm really starting to like it.

Those forks just look SICK and that fender really makes the front end. Great job!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Good work. You need to come out to my BBQ on August 4th. It's a bit of a ride, and a week day, but I think we're expecting some FZ6 "luminaries" (krid80, vegasrider, lonesoldier, calirider, wavex, ducksridingbikes).

Thanks for the invite, I just might do it :D. If not, I am hoping to catch the group as they ride through Ventura on Aug. 5th.

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
When looking at the first pic I thought it was a before pic cause I didn't see any lights!

I like the lights and mostly because they are unique. However, I think there needs to be some sort of plastic housing (not much) to encase them and hide all the wires just to clean up the look.

You did a very good job fabricating the brackets so have you thought about making something for the lights/wires?

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Love the headlights! They give the bike a bit of a futuristic look, imho

Kinda like this: Terminator Salvation Motorcycle Based on Ducati Hypermotard - Photo Gallery - Image 3 - autoevolution

I am looking at that pic and making a list of mods in my mind. I think i'll start with those two things on the side :rockon:

I love that terminator bike :thumbup:, I am just waiting for my miniguns to clear customs :D

When looking at the first pic I thought it was a before pic cause I didn't see any lights!

I like the lights and mostly because they are unique. However, I think there needs to be some sort of plastic housing (not much) to encase them and hide all the wires just to clean up the look.

You did a very good job fabricating the brackets so have you thought about making something for the lights/wires?

Thank you, I did think a little bit about some sort of plastic casing, but I wanted to keep it as raw as possible (in fact I am trying to come up with some way of trimming the fender down to a bare minimum), the actual headlight wiring is not visible in any of the pictures, what is seen are the brake lines, clutch cable and ignition wires.

Last edited:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent work! Not quite in love with headlight(s)?...yet. All it needs now is an R1 (or other) swing arm and shock, stick a fork in it, it's done:thumbup:

I'm curious as to your view on the not having some type of fairing/wind deflector on it. Not that the stock one did all that much.

I admire your skills, wait, no envy is more the word!!!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Excellent work! Not quite in love with headlight(s)?...yet. All it needs now is an R1 (or other) swing arm and shock, stick a fork in it, it's done:thumbup:

I'm curious as to your view on the not having some type of fairing/wind deflector on it. Not that the stock one did all that much.

I admire your skills, wait, no envy is more the word!!!

Well the swingarm is a surprise, actually phase 3 in the grand scheme of things :rolleyes:

With regard to the fairing, I noticed that whith the fairing I was catching the wind at mid-visor, that gave me an achy neck and sore shoulders on long rides. Without the fairing I catch the wind full body and it actually feels better, also it is quieter. My next fairly long ride will be August 4th or 5th when the FZ6 forum mega ride comes through town, I will learn more about the fatigue factor of going naked then.

With regard to the skills, thank you :thumbup: I took shop classes in Jr. High and High school (25-30 years ago) and worked on helicopters in the Army (25 years ago). It is amazing what can be done when you combine a vision with a drill, jig saw and belt sander :D