Naked: Phase 2.2 is Done, Headlight and Fender On

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
About that headlight....

I really like what you've done with the bike. Nice work!

And, I think I figured out how I would like the headlight setup more. You simply need to add a third headlight over top of the other two. That will cover the open space that is bothering me. :)

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks cool. I like the originality of the mods but your bike is crying out for a Yamaha lower cowl(I think its called a lower cowl, one like mine). All FZ6's should have come factory equipped with one. Just balances the bike IMO...Keep it up man..:thumbup:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Looks cool. I like the originality of the mods but your bike is crying out for a Yamaha lower cowl(I think its called a lower cowl, one like mine). All FZ6's should have come factory equipped with one. Just balances the bike IMO...Keep it up man..:thumbup:

You are correct sir! That is why I have this lower, just need to prep it and paint it :D

picture.php

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That seriously strikes the perfect balance of functionality vs visual appeal. It has a sort of robo-cyborg-FZ-brought-back-to-life sort of thing going on, and I like it.

Well done man. How are the new forks? Can you describe the difference?

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
That seriously strikes the perfect balance of functionality vs visual appeal. It has a sort of robo-cyborg-FZ-brought-back-to-life sort of thing going on, and I like it.

Well done man. How are the new forks? Can you describe the difference?

Wow! That was a mouthful, are you in marketing? j/k

I set the adjustments to factory standard to start, I have only had one short ride yesterday, my initial impressions; it drops into the corners quicker but not too aggressively and it olds a line spot on.

I am looking forward to getting some more rides in to see what else I discover and then to see if I can try my hand at what Wolfman calls, 'the dark art' of suspension adjustment :D

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the swingarm is a surprise, actually phase 3 in the grand scheme of things :rolleyes:

With regard to the fairing, I noticed that whith the fairing I was catching the wind at mid-visor, that gave me an achy neck and sore shoulders on long rides. Without the fairing I catch the wind full body and it actually feels better, also it is quieter. My next fairly long ride will be August 4th or 5th when the FZ6 forum mega ride comes through town, I will learn more about the fatigue factor of going naked then.

With regard to the skills, thank you :thumbup: I took shop classes in Jr. High and High school (25-30 years ago) and worked on helicopters in the Army (25 years ago). It is amazing what can be done when you combine a vision with a drill, jig saw and belt sander :D

Thanks for the answer to the "wind" issue, I had presumed a full body blast of air is easier to balance than just the head area...as to the swing arm, I win a prize for guessing the next phase, right?:D j/k

Great work again!!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Thanks for the answer to the "wind" issue, I had presumed a full body blast of air is easier to balance than just the head area...as to the swing arm, I win a prize for guessing the next phase, right?:D j/k

Great work again!!

You are welcome and yes, sending rep as the prize. However, I am kind of worn out from the latest mod so it may be a while before I get to the swingarm ;)

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Big fan of the light set up :thumbup:

I've been looking on e bay for a while,for a set of projectors off a Road Ripper mini bike,to mount one above the other.

1.jpg

I'd have to make up some kind of brackets like yours,as the Thumper one would need some serious modding.