Naked Conversion Questions

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok fine gents and lady's of the forums i have a few questions on going naked lol.
I know that the popular way to go is the kit from dev_usc which i like but I'm also really digging the Buell Conversion :rockon:. So the questions i have are is the buell conversion going to end up being cheaper or more expensive then dev_usc kit?
I know that someone on the forum was making gauge brackets was wondering if they are still available and how much they were costing because i have no skill to make my own and know i'm going to need a bracket. Any more information anyone could give me on either conversion would be great. I'm looking for the cheapest way to go naked :spank: because i'm really short on funds but my bike is beyond ugly right now and want it to be naked and look good. Thanks all :thumbup:

Tailgun

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, new guy here, but I found the ebay parts route to be the cheapest naked conversion option.

I picked up some fork brackets and a round headlight for $40 total. The previous owner had already done the high/low beam mod for the H4 bulb so it plugged straight in.

The gauge bracket was just a piece of aluminum bar stock bent to the right shape and drilled.

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok fine gents and lady's of the forums i have a few questions on going naked lol.
I know that the popular way to go is the kit from dev_usc which i like but I'm also really digging the Buell Conversion :rockon:. So the questions i have are is the buell conversion going to end up being cheaper or more expensive then dev_usc kit?
I know that someone on the forum was making gauge brackets was wondering if they are still available and how much they were costing because i have no skill to make my own and know i'm going to need a bracket. Any more information anyone could give me on either conversion would be great. I'm looking for the cheapest way to go naked :spank: because i'm really short on funds but my bike is beyond ugly right now and want it to be naked and look good. Thanks all :thumbup:

The bracket maker is Lean69. I paid ~50$ shipped. Quality product. He makes them for both speedo types.

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible to mount the turn singles on most of the headlight brackets you can buy? As you can see in the picture that is my bike as i am riding it now :spank:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible to mount the turn singles on most of the headlight brackets you can buy? As you can see in the picture that is my bike as i am riding it now :spank:
I have my turn signals mounted on the head light brackets, and I really like how it looks that way. Even if the brackets you buy don't have holes already, a quick job with the drill fixes that.

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok just have a to ask you guys for some suggestions now. I would love to get recommendations for either single round headlights or twin headlights like the dominators I'm not having much finding either then again maybe I don't know what I'm looking for. Would also love recommendations on brackets and bar end mirrors. Then of course once I get the parts I'll need help with wiring up the headlight but that will be another thread I suppose. Thanks for all the help already I'm so glad everyone on this forum is so willing to give advice and help

Soupnutz

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok just have a to ask you guys for some suggestions now. I would love to get recommendations for either single round headlights or twin headlights like the dominators I'm not having much finding either then again maybe I don't know what I'm looking for. Would also love recommendations on brackets and bar end mirrors. Then of course once I get the parts I'll need help with wiring up the headlight but that will be another thread I suppose. Thanks for all the help already I'm so glad everyone on this forum is so willing to give advice and help

This is the company I got my mounts and headlight from, Cool parts that make your bike all tingly! cafe racer ace cafe clubman handlebars vm mikuni carb kits cafe racer parts motorcycle japanese british honda Kawasaki Suzuki yamaha vm30 sohc cb750 kz400 cx500 rearset . I got them off of ebay because it was slightly cheaper than from the website. but it was pretty good stuff, especially the brackets. I got some ebay bar end mirrors for $10 and mounted them onto the weights in the stock bars. Decent quality and I haven't had any problems with them. Didn't want to spend a lot on something that would get destroyed if I dropped the bike. Black Motorcycle 3"Round 7 8"Handle Bar End Rearview Mirrors for Honda Harley US | eBay. Here is a piece that mounts to the back of the gauges and gives them a better look naked. this one is for an s2, they make one for an s1 also. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GEJ6LY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. The hardest part was cleaning up the wiring bundle. I pulled it apart, shortened a lot of the wiring and rewrapped it in corrugated tubing. I went cheap on the turn signals, crappy $10 ones. I didn't even wire them up to be running lights, headlights on all the time anyway.

Last edited: