My Track bike

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
Just recently I found an 2006 FZ6 that was light damaged from a crash - and decided to prepare it as my trackbike.

I had to do the following;

• Find a new fairing
  • Remove all lights etc
  • Repair the dents
  • Change tires
  • Change suspension
  • new handlebars

So I found and old FZ750 top fairing, and I had to fill the fairing and repaint it. Also I had to learn to weld, and build my own fairing mount. Was fun.

Removal of ligts and other suff ended wit me also filling the tail light. Also a lot of redundant cables could be removed :eek:

Repair dents was fun, and I learned to fill and remove rust.

Tires was replaced with BT016 - in stead of the factory mounted BT 020, naturally I used to opportunity to make a ethic burnout with the old tires before they came off (Actually they where almost new - they are no more)

I had my local dealer changing oil and springs - to change suspension. As I also added clip ons (LSL) - which shifts weight to the front, and demands for changed suspension.

Now Im looking forward to my first trackday - on thursdaY :cheer:

bard

Secret Soi Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
As I tested the FZ6 a good bit on the track, and I found that a rearset is pretty essential if you want to use it on the track. Also stainless steel braided brake lines is something you really should do on any trackbike as well.

Good luck on the track have a lot of fun :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an fz6 cup bike which has a steering damper... Invaluable at the track... Might wanna do this as well.

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, that will be next thing on my list, along with the brake improvements.

Thanks.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about a Racers edge seat unit, and single exhaust??? Would be much better for the track, especially in the transitions

:thumbup:

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Denmark people are very focused about to much noise, even on track bikes. What exhaust system are You using?

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Good job. You might want to pickup a set of setback plates (from me) or rearsets from rizoma or valtomotor. Either way, it'll make shifting weight easier.

someone08

Reaction score
Visit site
i thought all the 2006 models had black frames (please correct me if im wrong), and i like the color scheme you did with the tank to repair the dents, but it looks like you got orange peel like no other. i also like what you are doing with the thing.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Denmark people are very focused about to much noise, even on track bikes. What exhaust system are You using?

If you are taliking about the FZ6 Cup bike...it comes with a Cat Eliminator pipe, and GYTR single pipe, no baffles, is quite gruff, and reasonably loud, but not as loud as say a set of Two Brothers pipes without silencers.

:thumbup: