My Sons New Ride

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My son bought his first motorcycle today. It is a UM V2S 250R that is 3 and 1/2 months old with 2,350 miles.

It is really a sweet ride and a great beginner bike. I know some may say "What's a UM"? It's a Korean bike with a V twin motor. I checked it out and found that they are pretty reliable. My son picked it up for $2,500 for a bike that lists for $4,399. I figure when he upgrades in a year he should be able to get most of his money back.

I attached some picks and am looking forward to some cruises with my son.

Nice ride. You and your son will make great memories riding together. I think about all the timesive riden with my dad and i smile everytime. I cant wait to get home so we can ride together again.

Nice bike. I used to have one, it is a Hyosung. They look good, not quite as well made as the Japanese ones, but cheaper.

I hope he has fun on it man.

How are those tires?
What kind?

How old?

Nice starter for him! Well done!!! :thumbup: Are you putting him through the BRC course?

i beleive this bike is the same of Hyosung GT250 R
very popular around europe also...
good choice for a first bike for that kind of money

Yep, looks like a Hyosung, they are low spec, but very popular in Australia with new riders. They look fantastic.

:thumbup:

I hope he has fun on it man.

How are those tires?
What kind?

How old?

They are Shinko's. They look pretty nice. I rode the bike and it rides nice. But my son is like really over the top.

It is almost as big as my FZ, so it doesn't really look like a beginner bike. I remember the old honda CB175's and they were much smaller than the CB350.

Anyway, I figure he will keep it for maybe a year, and then he will want a GSXR or R6 or something like that.

I'm just looking forward to cruising with my boy some!

Nice ride. You and your son will make great memories riding together. I think about all the timesive riden with my dad and i smile everytime. I cant wait to get home so we can ride together again.

Yea, I'm looking forward to making those memories. He is pretty stoked about his new bike. I just transferred the tag from my XS100, cause it needs some top end work and is not going to be used in the near future. So maybe my son and I can cruise a little this evening.

Nice bike. I used to have one, it is a Hyosung. They look good, not quite as well made as the Japanese ones, but cheaper.

You are correct sir. But the research I did and the opinions I got were that they are decent bikes and fairly reliable. I think it will be a good first bike and it does look pretty awesome for a 250! And when you are 17, style means allot.

i beleive this bike is the same of Hyosung GT250 R
very popular around europe also...
good choice for a first bike for that kind of money

That was what put it over the top was the price. I'm mean the features and performance for the price, I just couldn't pass up.

Nice first ride. It is made in South Korea and are becoming popular over here in Europe because they are so cheap...even in Denmark. They do a very smart 650 when your boy wants to move onto a bigger bike.

I have never seen a review on the Hyosung though so do not know if the fastenings and shiny bits rust like the Chinese bikes do.

2500 miles in three and a half months on a 250. Well at least someone liked it.

I hope he enjoys it.

http://www.hyosung.com.au/Products/GT650R.html

Steve

Last edited:
Yep, looks like a Hyosung, they are low spec, but very popular in Australia with new riders. They look fantastic.

:thumbup:

True, they are not a Yamaha/Kaw/Honda/Suzuki but they are pretty sweet. But a gain, if I were buying new I would not buy the UM over the above, because the list is more than the new Kawasaki Ninja 250. But I could not touch a 08 Ninja with 2K miles for $2,500. So I was a good compromise. I figure he should be able to get at least $2,000 for it when he sells it, assuming he doesn't drop or slide it.

They do rust like hell, - at least here in the Scandinavia climate. But weather or not this will be a problem where you are located I don't know.
(The climate here in Denmark will make almost anything rust)

If you wanna do that 1000 miler with me you had better do 3 things.

1. Look at my name and guess where you think I may be.

2. Tage din brille på

3. Delete your last entry to this thread.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Steve

If you wanna do that 1000 miler with me you had better do 3 things.

1. Look at my name and guess where you think I may be.

2. Tage din brille på

3. Delete your last entry to this thread.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Steve

And the message was gone :spank:

(And I know, - should be positive or keep my bloody mouth shut)

And just now (dooing an edit) I realise what you meant Steve :),- whey I wrote "you" I meant Oscar54, - not you (I know where you are!!)

Last edited:
Back