Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
My riding time is determined by:

1) I am the master of my own destiny. I ride whenever I want. When I leave for a ride I never know when I’ll be back. In other words I’m not married…or about to be divorced and don’t know it.
2) I can ride anytime I like, so long as my wife/significant other says I can. In return I graciously offer to do whatever my wife/significant other made me sign in blood to do the next day. (Watch the kids, work in the garden, visit my mother-in-law, fix the leaky faucet, etc).
3) I refuse to make deals so I can ride. I beg. Hey, it works for sex…sometimes.
4) I am the luckiest rider in the world. My wife/significant loves riding as well. We haven’t been home in months.
5) My bad back, leg, knees, or neck determines how much I ride.
6) I’m a working stiff. When I’m not working or sleeping I’m riding. The lawn can turn to hay for all I care and the family’s just got to understand that if Dad/Mom doesn’t ride there will be hell to pay.
7) I’m a student. If I’m not going to classes, studying, eating, playing Play Station, drinking, dating, or sleeping, I’m riding.
8) I work but I commute on the bike and often decide to take the long way home.

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will often head out for a loaf of bread and return hours later, get home....jump back on the bike and go get that loaf of bread I forgot...lol.:D

Cheers
Mike

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I,m always working and weekends are taken up a lot with family stuff,but I did get to go to the golf practice range today,first time for ages and only one bad shot out of 100 balls :cheer:

BrianDubbs

Reaction score
Visit site
There needs to be another option, a combination between 1 and 8. I am a student but I never play playstation, i dont drink, or party! I just ride! I ride to class, I ride away as soon as it is done, never knowing where to!

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride my baby every day - every where. If its crappy weather I won't mistreat her. But I ride her as my every day commuter and my joy ride. If i could sleep next to her, or on her, i would.

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
i could have picked a couple. i went with i work my butt off. i work a full time job and i can ride there so that's no problem. i also do a part time job at night and weekends driving a tow truck. that takes up quite a bit of riding time. when i am not working my wife doesn't really get on me about going out riding. sometimes i think i deserve a good ride

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Guess I would be a mix as well. I am a student, but I ride every chance I can get. My girl loves the bike as much as I do, so she has no issues with me riding. Bike is my only transportation, so I always take the long way to get anywhere I need to be. Kinda like ozzieboy with the bread thing, though being late for class is really bad...

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Combination of some of those as well. While I can't go anytime I want, when I do go, I have no idea when I'll be back.
I'm also a teacher, so I go between working stiff (school year) and master of my own destiny (summer break). I have a unhealty love for my bike, and I'm ok with it.

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
#1 for me. My wife doesn't ride but she's cool with it anytime I want to. Family always comes first but anytime there's nothing important to do I want to ride I do.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Combination of some of those as well. While I can't go anytime I want, when I do go, I have no idea when I'll be back.
I'm also a teacher, so I go between working stiff (school year) and master of my own destiny (summer break). I have a unhealty love for my bike, and I'm ok with it.

I know that feeling.;)

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm a combination as well - I'm a master of my own destiny, no significant other (though I was never one to take orders about when I could or couldn't ride, excuse me?), but I do work full time and take the bike to work. I know many of you don't care about the weather but maybe "weather permitting" should be another option - I won't ride if it's snowing, icy or below 40 degress (or even if windchill is below 40).

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a student, but the fun stuff I fit it around is homework and work. I hardly ever party or anything like that, and my girlfriend who is also my room mate is kinda a bia bia. She'll get her panties all up in a bunch if I just go out on my own whenever I want and ride. Which is stupid because I got her into riding and such. I think I'll dump her.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
A full 50% of you are Masters of your Domain. All I can say is:
:bow:

You've got my respect. I initially put blood contract. The more I thought about it, I'm probably only about 10% that and 90% bust my behind. I retired from full time work but still work 4 days and I've worked 60-80 hour weeks for so long I basically ride whenever I can because I feel I deserve it and need it.