Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
My riding time is determined by:

1) I am the master of my own destiny. I ride whenever I want. When I leave for a ride I never know when I’ll be back. In other words I’m not married…or about to be divorced and don’t know it.
2) I can ride anytime I like, so long as my wife/significant other says I can. In return I graciously offer to do whatever my wife/significant other made me sign in blood to do the next day. (Watch the kids, work in the garden, visit my mother-in-law, fix the leaky faucet, etc).
3) I refuse to make deals so I can ride. I beg. Hey, it works for sex…sometimes.
4) I am the luckiest rider in the world. My wife/significant loves riding as well. We haven’t been home in months.
5) My bad back, leg, knees, or neck determines how much I ride.
6) I’m a working stiff. When I’m not working or sleeping I’m riding. The lawn can turn to hay for all I care and the family’s just got to understand that if Dad/Mom doesn’t ride there will be hell to pay.
7) I’m a student. If I’m not going to classes, studying, eating, playing Play Station, drinking, dating, or sleeping, I’m riding.
8) I work but I commute on the bike and often decide to take the long way home.

Last edited:
I will often head out for a loaf of bread and return hours later, get home....jump back on the bike and go get that loaf of bread I forgot...lol.:D

Cheers
Mike

I,m always working and weekends are taken up a lot with family stuff,but I did get to go to the golf practice range today,first time for ages and only one bad shot out of 100 balls :cheer:

There needs to be another option, a combination between 1 and 8. I am a student but I never play playstation, i dont drink, or party! I just ride! I ride to class, I ride away as soon as it is done, never knowing where to!

I ride my baby every day - every where. If its crappy weather I won't mistreat her. But I ride her as my every day commuter and my joy ride. If i could sleep next to her, or on her, i would.

i could have picked a couple. i went with i work my butt off. i work a full time job and i can ride there so that's no problem. i also do a part time job at night and weekends driving a tow truck. that takes up quite a bit of riding time. when i am not working my wife doesn't really get on me about going out riding. sometimes i think i deserve a good ride

Guess I would be a mix as well. I am a student, but I ride every chance I can get. My girl loves the bike as much as I do, so she has no issues with me riding. Bike is my only transportation, so I always take the long way to get anywhere I need to be. Kinda like ozzieboy with the bread thing, though being late for class is really bad...

Combination of some of those as well. While I can't go anytime I want, when I do go, I have no idea when I'll be back.
I'm also a teacher, so I go between working stiff (school year) and master of my own destiny (summer break). I have a unhealty love for my bike, and I'm ok with it.

#1 for me. My wife doesn't ride but she's cool with it anytime I want to. Family always comes first but anytime there's nothing important to do I want to ride I do.

Combination of some of those as well. While I can't go anytime I want, when I do go, I have no idea when I'll be back.
I'm also a teacher, so I go between working stiff (school year) and master of my own destiny (summer break). I have a unhealty love for my bike, and I'm ok with it.

I know that feeling.;)

I guess I'm a combination as well - I'm a master of my own destiny, no significant other (though I was never one to take orders about when I could or couldn't ride, excuse me?), but I do work full time and take the bike to work. I know many of you don't care about the weather but maybe "weather permitting" should be another option - I won't ride if it's snowing, icy or below 40 degress (or even if windchill is below 40).

I'm a student, but the fun stuff I fit it around is homework and work. I hardly ever party or anything like that, and my girlfriend who is also my room mate is kinda a bia bia. She'll get her panties all up in a bunch if I just go out on my own whenever I want and ride. Which is stupid because I got her into riding and such. I think I'll dump her.

A full 50% of you are Masters of your Domain. All I can say is:
:bow:

You've got my respect. I initially put blood contract. The more I thought about it, I'm probably only about 10% that and 90% bust my behind. I retired from full time work but still work 4 days and I've worked 60-80 hour weeks for so long I basically ride whenever I can because I feel I deserve it and need it.

Back