My next bike will be this one?, getting nervous.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't told anyone here, but I'm going to buy(?) this ST next week. I need to get out of the cold weather that is soon coming. Just getting nervous. Have joined 2 ST forums and they all agree its a great bike for $7995. I have him down to $7475 but that was with him giving me $3500 for my like new FZ6! I think I can sell it myself for at least $4800. I'm going in with hard cash to make my best deal this week. My Yammi dealer offered me a 2009 new FJR AE for $12,900 OTD, no freight or setup LOL. They don't want me to buy a Honda!
Just thought I'd share with all my friends here...
P.S. She has all the maintenance records for the 4,8,12, and 16K services.
Linky....
Honda 2005 ST™1300

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I managed to get the dealer down another $200. He was tough and I was stoopid! Gave him $400 cash. Will ride Sat. morning to see if I like her.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
In this market it seems a bit high for a 05. I see on cycletrader a 2005 FJR ABS (you want abs on these bikes) with top case and 30k miles (that aint nothing) asking 6K.
The ST 1300 is big bike, smooth but big. FJR's rock!

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I know its a high price for this economy! The Dealer just won't deal! The high retail is $8100. And it has the Givi top box as well. Low miles, etc., is why Dealer won't come down I think. He sells 120 used bikes/year so maybe he knows something?

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, picked her up this morning at 10. What a different bike!! It's HUGE. But it should work well for my longer trips. You should have seen the looks my FZ was giving me the last few days when I would go to the garage to get a beer. She knew what was coming!!! lol. I found out just how fast the FZ would go this morning. 127 indicated with a 15 mph crosswind. Not as fast as I thought she would go?

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, so go knock out a thousand miles north of you and give us a ride report.

I'm riding my FJR over to Taos via Colorado in a week- oh ya!

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
I found out just how fast the FZ would go this morning. 127 indicated with a 15 mph crosswind. Not as fast as I thought she would go?

127? That's all? No, something is definitely wrong. She'll do way better than that. I have an 08 also and I've gone as fast as 144, indicated, and still pulling, had to shut it down for safety reasons. In reality, I was probably going closer to 135. If you try again, please be careful. And that new bike sure looks like you can just keep riding forever. Looks comfy.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked into that one a bit as well as my next bike. It's a great machine and can't really be faulted. But the FJR is the sportier of the two and is also plenty comfortable. I opted for the FJR and am currently looking for one which is not overpriced.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
127 was it!! It took prob 3 miles to get there. I was laying on the tank, etc. Maybe the 15 mph crosswind? Had the Puig double bubble screen on.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the FJR also. Couldn't afford $12,900 OTD that the dealer offered me last weekend!! This ST1300 is a different animal for sure. Feels like a tank!!! I came home 5 miles down Central (Old US Route 66) and 45 mph felt like 20 mph on the Fazer!!!! God what have I done?! LOL. It's 4:42 am and I'm trying to get up the nerve to go mount her.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
Hit the road at 4:59. still 70 degrees outside WTF?. Went East on I-40 for 34 miles to Moriarty. It took that long to get up the nerve to stop!!! When you come to a stop your legs want to hit the fairings so you have to be mentally aware of just before the bike stops. Much different and I'm getting used to it slowly. Temps between 50-65. The coldest was 50 deg. and my hands got cold with summer gloves. I then headed North to Galisteo, then thru Sante Fe to La Cienega, South to Cochiti Lake, then thru Algadones and Bernalillo, 175 miles. Did in one morning what I would have done in 2 mornings on the FZ6! The wind screen is awesome. This bike is so much different than the FZ6 I couldn't explain it in 10 pages so I'll just say its UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!!!!!! No motor vibes at any rpm. Smooth as glass over any type of road. So quiet at speed you can't hear the motor with my full face helmet. When you come into a town just lower the screen and get the full wind if you want. It's like sitting in my leather chair and watching a video game on TV, except the video game is the countryside going by!!!! Really hard to keep the speed down also. At 70, 80 and 90 mph it's like sitting at home. And the BEST part is the Jetson mobile sound!!! Kept thinking about the Jetson's all morning lol. It's probably not the bike for everyone but for me it's exactly what I was looking for.