So, I lost my job today

subyexpress

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I went to work. Worked hard like I always do. About 10:30 my boss comes in and tells me that the company has decided to not let me work this summer (I'm an intern/co-op) due to the economy, and that today would be my last day. I think it's pretty crappy considering to have a decent job lined up for the summer you've really got to have it all done halfway through the spring semester, and this week was my first full week of summer work.

So, my boss tells me to wrap everything up that I can and touch base with all of the engineers I have been working on things for to get everything taken care of. It's not like they fired me or something because of performance or anything and they know I'm not hostile, so you know I have the rest of the day to take care of things. I figured I would just come home and tell my girlfriend face to face, also because it is our 2 year anniversary. I really wasn't going to say anything to anyone until this evening, but it didn't exactly work out like that.

My best friend who just moved in with us had called me to ask who to make the rent check out to, shortly after I found out, so I told him but specifically said that I wanted to tell Whitney on my own when I got home and I knew he would honor that. So for whatever reason she had e-mailed me at work and I responded and was just so worked up, and she asked how my day was going, I told her in the e-mail. Then after I sent the e-mail back I tried calling her since I figured she was still at her desk, and she didn't answer. So then I continued wrapping things up with people away from my desk.

I got everything done and they let me leave about an hour early so I went to my parents house which is like 3 minutes away. My dad works at the same place I did, but he was gone today at a funeral but was home by the time I headed over there. I got over there and told my dad and he was shocked, and then Whitney called because she had gotten out of work. I told her I would call her when I headed home since I was waiting for my mom to get up since she works nights. She woke up and I told her then I headed on my way.

I get home and Whitney is talking with Matt, the friend who moved in, telling him her life story and all the stuff she's been through and she was all laughing and being all happy and crap and she didn't say anything to me. So I had gotten the utilities and cell phone bills and I sat down at the table and started writing checks. Matt leaves to go over to our other friends place and then Whitney snapped. She started going off on me how Matt knew before her and she said I would have never told her if she hadn't e-mailed me and all this crap.

I just sat there and told her I wasn't taking any of her crap especially after what happened today, and she started going on about how she had a worse day than me because some people at work wasted her time because the didn't have something done already. Then she got even more angry with me because I didn't want to argue with her and started saying a bunch of stuff about how I never do anything for her and I don't care to fight to keep her with me. Why should I have to fight to keep her with me? She acts like I've done nothing for her. I lent her money and drove her to BFE Ohio to buy her a motorcycle and let her pay me back interest free. I'm not even going to go that far into it.

So she calms down enough after I ignore her long enough for us to go and get some food for our anniversary. That goes ok, and usually after she goes off like that I just suck it up and be nice after a little bit, but I'm just so sick of it I didn't this time. I wasn't mean, I was neutral. So we eat and talk a little bit and then we come back and I park next to her, and I park in the middle of my spot, and she was over a little close in her spot. So, she starts to get out and says something about getting close enough to her car and I casually said that she was over a little bit in her spot.

Then she went bats#!t again. She started going off on me saying for me to stop calling her a bad driver and all of this stuff, completely putting words in my mouth. We come inside and I ask her what the hell her problem is and she said me, and then she said happy flipping anniversary and stormed off into the room.

Great day, huh?
Sorry to hear the news, its more common lately than rare. Good things will come soon, patience and throttle, not the bottle. Be cool.

-Enoch

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear about the job loss! Never know you may get a call in a few months wanting you back.... Also as far as the G/f I have been with mine for almost 6 years, we were high school sweethearts. We have had some very rocky roads, however now that I am out of school and have a job and she is almost out, and we have both made some major changes on how we carry ourselves. It sounds more to me that she needs the counseling.... but I have been there, not quite that bad with her going off. However we always work it out. biggest thing is communication. trust me i have been ripped a new one many times for her not being the first to know about something, but I am almost always able to point out a few times I wasn't the first to know about things! Besides you told her, you could have been like some people and just played it out for a little while.....! I wish you the best of luck. If you do deiced to ditch her then may I recommend finding a traveling job! At least for a little while. find a company that does what you can do and travel the USA on their wallet! I am doing it with photography. It is a great thing!!!!!!!