My new track bike :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Great find David, what a great bike for the track.

Do yourself a favor and buy an nice new set of tires. Don't try to cut corners and save a couple of bucks as a crash is more than fresh tires.

What a fun project for your spotless garage. Enjoy!

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a really low price man! Not to be rude, but are you sure the bike wasnt stolen? That is just extreamly low to be in good condition, ie not laid down.

-bryan

Yeah it was stolen! At that price, Wavex stole it!!!:rockon:

John

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Congrats on the new track bike! And at a great price too! :thumbup: Truth be told, when I was first looking to ride again, the GSXR's were at the top of my list. Almost got one, but got the FZ6 instead.

Kudos! :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and buy an nice new set of tires. Don't try to cut corners and save a couple of bucks as a crash is more than fresh tires.

The tires on there are brand new, but I think they're street/touring tires, so you're probably right... the good news is that they're the same tires as my Buell (180/55) so what I could do is put the pilot powers on the gixxer (they only have one track day on them and still have plenty of thread) and put the Pirelli Diablos back on the Buell... We shall see :)

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what your gear is like but thought I would suggest that as something you may need to add to or upgrade for the track.

Edit: Maybe a new track tool kit as well.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what your gear is like but thought I would suggest that as something you may need to add to or upgrade for the track.

Edit: Maybe a new track tool kit as well.

Thanks man! Good idea on the track tool kit, I actually have an empty toolbox at home that I could use for trackdays... perfect!

About the gear, I have everything I need :) here is what I was wearing during my last trackday:
- one piece leather suit
- gauntlet gloves
- field armor (under the suit)
- boots
- helmet
- thermals & balaclava (yes it was cold that day)

3105200679_77e3eb76f6.jpg

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
man, all these fun toys and some place to tinker on them? I can't even ride mine right now.....I must say, I am jealous! Congrats!

oh and in case it wasn't said enough....

:needpics:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
It is really low indeed... Cali_Rider and I estimated that we could probably sell it for around $4k after fixing the few issues mentioned above and cleaning it up...

It's definitely not stolen though... John knows his oncle personally (good friend), and was around when he bought the bike in '05... The guy has no idea how much it really is worth and doesn't care much because he doesn't want to fix it up anyway, hasn't ridden it in about 6months, and just needs it gone ASAP because he is moving shortly... he mentioned to me that the reason why he is asking for $2k is because that's what's left on his loan :)

In other words, I scored :rockon:

Congrats then! That worked out in your favor. Like I said, wasnt trying to be mean or anything, just curious.

Good luck with it!

-bryan

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Bryan :)

The gixxy 6 is in da house!! (it desperately needs a bath... it's pretty filthy)

3278427016_335577d995_b.jpg

3278426924_4cfcc13371_b.jpg

3277605555_d6a6e0e1ce_b.jpg

3278426760_197203c057_b.jpg

3278426702_20e317e7dd_b.jpg

I am glad to see that headlight unit again :D

3277605231_a1a329b75d_b.jpg

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
:rof:

yep, I was a bit quicker than you on that one... of course you had to drive back home ha... I just spent all that time checking out my new ride :cheer::rockon:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just about to say "Where the damn pics at yo!"

That's definitely a nice pickup for $2k! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey you west coasters, it's 0804 out there, lets see some photos! Slackers.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooops! :eek:

I was expecting a junker, man that bike is a steal! Well done!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike - and congrats! :thumbup: You will definitely have some fun with that one! Looking forward to some track pictures.

Dumb question... What is the sticker on the front fork (maybe in front of the fork) on the side? Looks kind of official...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike - and congrats! :thumbup: You will definitely have some fun with that one! Looking forward to some track pictures.

Dumb question... What is the sticker on the front fork (maybe in front of the fork) on the side? Looks kind of official...

That is a Department of Defense sticker to allow access to a military base. The person who applied the sticker should have removed it prior to selling the vehicle.

Last edited: