My new track bike :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well cone David! I am green with envy!

I really like that front appearance! Can't wait to see the pics from the track!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys.... I am 30min away from leaving work!!! then the adventure starts :D Cali_Rider will pick me and the bike up tonight at 5:30pm... I`ll be sleeping on the cough over at his house since we're leaving at like 4:30am tomorrow... oh man I am excited...

Here is the track layout... it's called Willow Springs, and is way faster than Buttonwillow (that we did in December)... as you can see it is also not as technical with fairly "easy" and "no surprise" turns...

If I am not mistaken, we will be going around clockwise...

3350306988_570e8f3404_o.jpg

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
ok cool, Big Track...I did the "Streets of Willow"...it's that really windy track in the top right of your pic (includes the big concrete square but not including the oval). I washing pushing 5th gear on the straightaway of THAT track, so I think you'll be balls out on the big track...ENJOY!!!

pics...VIDS are even better if you have a "pit crew"!!!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I left the windshield as is...

No video tomorrow... I'll have enough things to worry about (I have to get the suspension setup before the 1st session, and get my front tire swapped as I mounted it the wrong way LOL)
We will have pics though for sure!

at John's right now... it's 8:45pm and we're going to bed!!!

I'll be thinking about all of you at work tomorrow HA!

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex and I had a fantastic trackday today. 78°F and no wind/clouds allowed for consistent track temps and no fatigue. David ran very strong on his new GSXR600, getting up to speed quickly and working on his lines and braking points. He was in complete control and really showed his maturity to master a new bike and track simultaneously.

I know he has pictures and stories to tell but it might be a day or so until he has time. I will say that he is very excited by the track experience and is getting faster each time out. Kudos, David!!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks John! for everything....

I'll post more about today later, but for now, I need to process the day first! I feel like that right now => :Flash:

I will say that I had an amazing time, with great friends, and that 15.5k of 600cc rpms make for A LOT of fun on a FAST track... especially on a supersport setup (I must say).

For the record, while I did also feel that I was "going strong" (that bike felt AWE-SOME from session 2 and on) you guys were still blowing past me (thinking I was going fast @ 120!) on turn 8 @ 130+mph!!! Incredibly stuff...

more this wkd... with pics and all... :rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HOLY COW! Willow Springs, what a track. I can hardly wait to hear more details reports from the both of you. WOW! That is a for real track.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you guys had a really good time. Sorry I didn't make it up after all. My car got towed on Wednesday at work, and the tow truck damaged my car in the process (all cosmetic as far as I can tell). So I had to meet with the tow yard owner, who basically told me "go f&$% yourself". At which point I told him he'd hear from my lawyer and called my insurance (AAA). They said they deal with this all the time and will take care of him for me and to not call a lawyer. They are also a tow company, as everyone knows, and will be able to get this guy pretty easily if it goes to court. Some people just have no moral responsibility in this world.

In short, I wish I made it up there guys. Just had to take care of this.