My new ride...

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I caved and bought yet another bike... Sad part is I had to sell the FZ6 and Bandit for, but looky what I replaced it with... Brand new (left over) 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 in blazing orange with luggage....:D Paid $10,900 plus tax Canadian... I'll post a review later when I have some time....

S

sm00thpapa

Nice looking bike and that orange really explodes off that bike.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a really nice looking bike. Reminds me of the Ducati Multi-Strada I want to get. Wonder how those two bike compare?

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dig the orange. I'll be keen to hear your views after you've put some miles on it. I've always like the tiger but am just a little leery of Triumphs -- not sure about their service needs/costs. But that thing really looks like the SUV of the bike world.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful bike! If I was just not so vertically challenged...:cool: That triple is an awesome engine.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone.... No matter how far I move away from the FZ6 I end up returning to it... I'll explain... The Bandit felt like a big FZ6 and to some extent so does the Tiger. The rider "triangle" is more roomy than the FZ6 but still basically the same. Yes, the Tiger is tall, but I have no issues (at 5'8") however, I am on my tip toes. The engine starts pulling right off idle... no flat spots anywhere. Pulls all the way to redline. So, it's an FZ6 with a bottom end... Although it is rated at 114hp and 74 ft/lbs of torque, It is entirely possibe that an FZ6 would still out pull it in the very high range. I don't ride like I stole anymore so the low end power does it for me... The LCD display has some cool features, though. Along with the basic stuff like fuel and temp guages, tach, warning lights and speedo it also can switch between information such as average fuel consumption, current fuel consumption, km to empty, time, max speed, average speed, journey time, journey distance (fancy trip metre)...
The Fit and finish is outstanding... far supperior to any Japanese bike I have ever owned. All brake lines are braided steel, but are about the same as an FZ6 in terms of feel and stopping power. Headlight (low beam) is useless, so I feel a mod coming on there. Muffler is ugly, but sounds pretty cool when I light up the 3 cylinder. The triple sounds like nothing I have ever heard before. More like an inline four than a v-twin or inline twin. It growls as opposed to howls... It vibes about the same as an FZ6. The gearbox is way better than the FZ6... but still not in the same league as my V-stroms tranny. As far as suspension, it obviously has much longer travel and is very adequate. Highway comfort is awesome... it glides over road imprefections that would be surely be felt by the Yamaha. So, it is better than the FZ6 in terms of comfort. I would say the FZ6 would be a little better in the twisties... The stock windscreen works very well... I am not going to do anything there.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a very fun bike. I'm actually surprised that that you sold the Bandit so quickly.

I assume you're planning on hanging around the Forum?

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a very fun bike. I'm actually surprised that that you sold the Bandit so quickly.

I assume you're planning on hanging around the Forum?

Believe it or not, the Bandit was way more expensive to insure... Plus the Tiger weighs nearly 80lbs less than the Bandit... and the deal I got 10,900 Canadian with the hard bags (list price was $12,900 something and bags are extra!!!) was too much to pass up... Yes, I will be around here...it's still my favourite forum... You never know... if Yamaha introduces a new FZ6 for 2010, I am sure I'll cave and buy one...:thumbup:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one. I've looked at the Tiger also and would likely go that way if I ever desired a change. It would be a much better touring machine, and being 6'1" it is a lot more comfortable seating position for me.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! That's a fantastic bike! A guy who works in the same building as me bought one. I stop by it often at lunch and look it over. Maybe someday I'll ask him to tour with me and we can try each others bikes...

You certainly got a great deal on it! :thumbup:

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I caved and bought yet another bike... Sad part is I had to sell the FZ6 and Bandit for, but looky what I replaced it with... Brand new (left over) 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 in blazing orange with luggage....:D Paid $10,900 plus tax Canadian... I'll post a review later when I have some time....

Congrats! on the new bike. She's beautiful and looks just like a Tiger tall, lean and about to pounce on you without a seconds notice. But hmmmm I'm wondering where are her stripes :D