my friend laid my bike down, should i have it checked out?

rithsleeper1

Reaction score
Visit site
It has been about a month and a half. He laid it down in sand after he took a turn a little too quickly. Basically the only thing that was damaged was all the body pieces were scuffed up. I replaced them and cleaned every little craves out. The sand what everywhere even the chain. I thought I was good to go but lately I have been hearing a lot of valve chatter and the bike seems to be vibrating more. It isn't smooth all the way to 6k rpms. Really it feels like the same vibration you get at 8+rpms but it is starting at 4krpm.

This did not start right after the bike was fixed, it happened about 3 weeks after. I also feel like there is some loss of power because it doesn't scare me to full throttle. Could I just be imagining it? What else could have gone wrong during the fall? Should I take it up to the Yamaha dealer to get it checked out?

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I would......
And as always friends don't let friends ride their bikes

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I wold take it in if you cant figure out whats wrong.

And another old saying......You break it, you buy it! Have your buddy pay for repairs.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd have it taken in and given a good look over... whether your friend says he just did minor damage or not is irrelevants, not worth riding a bike with stress fractures in the frame etc... keep your good health :thumbup:

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
My favorite question in life, a friend ask to borrow or use something ....... my only answer ....... you have the money to fix or replace ...... friend.. yup....me... then go buy one so that we can stay friends

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like "I rather you be mad at me for not lending you my bike, than me be mad at you for wrecking it" No response......

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe some sand got into the air box, and the throttle assembly as well. I say either take it in, or get ready to do some serious tear down of the the moto. No way around it, it needs a thorough look.

How many miles are on it, and what year is it? I just realized, maybe it's time for some maintenance, and this is all just a coincidence. A few valves out of adjustment, plus some worn out plugs can be causing you all that grief.